Prayers Asked for the Ability to Walk Normally Again

Hi

I went to neurosurgeon today.

Nothing came of it.

Major anxiety.

Depression and anxiety is a dangerous combination – like drugs and alcohol.

Went to ER in afternoon after hurting back swimming.

Can only swim for exercise.

Was so mistreated by doctor. She assumes because I am overweight and on medical assistance that I am lazy.

She would not even let me have anything to eat even though I waited 5 hours.

And she would not even come to talk to me a end. When I asked her about xrays I heard her say, “What does he want?”

It all really hurts and I am about to give up.

I am a man in my 40s who went to a college prep school and I have a Masters Degree in Library Science and I am a permanently state certified schoolteacher.

And all some people see now is a fat boy who is on welfare.

I really really hurts and makes me not want to go on.

As well as all the kids in the pool laughing at my weight.

Anyway, can I still ask for a physical miracle – that I will walk again?

I promise to pray for all who visit this website.

Thank you

VitoJoseph

Vito, I ask your Heavenly Father to inspire and direct you in any way that will lead you towards a healthy, happy life. May He grant that your life will serve others in the way He hopes for you.
May He grant you peace and healing. I ask these things in the name of Jesus.

Although I’m not in your situation, I do suffer from anxiety and depression and I understand how awful that combination is. And I’m utterly appalled at this ER doctor.

I will pray for you – and for this doctor and others who let their prejudices cloud their professional judgement and compassion.

Francesca

Amen.

+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I am praying for you VitoJoseph. I do want to remind you that we must focus on God and His will. He must be the center of our lives, not our bodies, or some aspect of our bodies: ie. the ability to walk. I’ll admit that I have not experienced the debt of suffering that you’re going through. But, in my experience, we will continue to suffer so long as our prayers are: God give this to me because I want it. Instead, we must pray as Jesus did:
Father in heaven, I humbly ask that you heal my body, but if that is not your will, please reveal to me how I can use my suffering to benefit your Kingdom. (Please remove this cup, but your will be done.)

As Catholics, as Christians, we must believe that our sufferings are trials to bring us closer to God; as opportunities to serve God in some unique way. Once I realized this, life became easier; not because I had no “trials,” but because I knew that there was a greater good in the trial. The trial brought me closer to God, and prove to others God’s love. I hope this helps. With this in mind, I ask you to pray with me:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

You are also in my prayers.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying that Jesus will heal you and give you peace and joy. And I will remember you in my rosary today.

God bless

Praying for you to have a complete healing and for God to show you how to battle the weight.

Dearest Blessed Mother, wrap your loving mantle around Vitojoseph and present him to your Divine Son. Please obtain from Him for Vitojoseph health, healing and weight loss, and the correct doctor who will treat him and not ridicule him. Dear Mother, please ask Jesus to fill him with the knowledge that he is loved and accepted no matter what others may say about him. May God’s holy will be done! Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

Vito-

God loves you very much! He is with you every step you walk carrying this heavy cross but that cross is temporary. I will pray that you will some day be restored to total physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.

I have a problem with anxiety----say Jesus I Trust in You until it becomes one with your breath.

You aren’t alone in your journey. You are in our prayers!

God bless You!

Paul

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.