Prayers desperately needed for cousin's newborn baby girl

Yesterday, my cousin’s wife gave birth to a baby girl. She weighed only 5 pounds. My mom just called me and said the baby had been taken to a different hospital. The baby was having seizures.

Please pray for the baby (Her name is…get ready…Zayze like daisy). She is now getting the best medical care possible but I’m asking for everyone’s prayers. My cousin’s wife miscarried about two years ago so they have had a difficult time. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Peace be with you,
Maggie

[quote=UtahMaggie]Yesterday, my cousin’s wife gave birth to a baby girl. She weighed only 5 pounds. My mom just called me and said the baby had been taken to Primary Children’s hospital. That is our children’s hospital here in Utah and is one of the best in the country. The baby was having seizures.

Please pray for the baby (Her name is…get ready…Zayze like daisy). She is now getting the best medical care possible but I’m asking for everyone’s prayers. My cousin’s wife miscarried about two years ago so they have had a difficult time. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Peace be with you,
Maggie
[/quote]

Praying. :frowning:

Our prayers are with you and for the baby and family.

praying :gopray2:

I’ll be praying… Please keep us posted.

God Bless,
Gary

I have prayed for the little girl through the intercession of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. Please keep us updated on the progress of little Zayze.

A special Rosary for the baby and mom.

My mom just called with an update. It appears that the baby had a stroke when mom was pregnant. The baby has permanent brain damage. The doctors can’t run any more tests because she is on antiseizure meds. It will be a few days before they can run tests. But we also don’t know if God is going to bring the baby home or not. Right now, we just don’t know anything except that our hearts are breaking.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated. The members of this board are wonderful people.

May God bless you,
Maggie

My 11 year old had a stroke in me.He didn’t have seizures, however his left side was limp and he had rehab from the time he was 1 and a half to 4 and he has a disability in english,but excels in math,he had to have speech therapy as well.He is the sweetest child though:) His so called disabilities are more of a blessing as far as I am concerned.

Miracles do happen. The doctors are making a best guess based on their medical knowledge, that is all. Pray, pray, pray. And we will, too.

[quote=UtahMaggie]My mom just called with an update. It appears that the baby had a stroke when mom was pregnant. The baby has permanent brain damage. The doctors can’t run any more tests because she is on antiseizure meds. It will be a few days before they can run tests. But we also don’t know if God is going to bring the baby home or not. Right now, we just don’t know anything except that our hearts are breaking.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated. The members of this board are wonderful people.

May God bless you,
Maggie
[/quote]

I will pray. And don’t believe that stuff about permanent brain damage. Babies have incredible ability to heal. My son was born with severe complications and we were told to basically take him home and let him die. He is now 31/2 yrs old. He still needs PT OT and speech therapy but he’s smart as a whip and the sweetest little boy you’d ever meet.

God bless all of you.

Lisa and Marvin,

Thank you for sharing your stories. I just talked to my mom and she said the mom and dad gave the baby a bath last night and she had her eyes open looking around. The doctor said he couldn’t believe how alert she was after everthing she had been through. I’m sure that has a lot to do with all the prayers from my friends on this board. It sounds like she’s going to be okay. :thumbsup: We obviously don’t know what kind of problems she will have but that’s true with any new baby. We have a very close family and we will all help the mom and dad in any way they need us.

Thank you all again and may God bless everyone,
Maggie

[quote=UtahMaggie]Lisa and Marvin,

Thank you for sharing your stories. I just talked to my mom and she said the mom and dad gave the baby a bath last night and she had her eyes open looking around. The doctor said he couldn’t believe how alert she was after everthing she had been through. I’m sure that has a lot to do with all the prayers from my friends on this board. It sounds like she’s going to be okay. :thumbsup: We obviously don’t know what kind of problems she will have but that’s true with any new baby. We have a very close family and we will all help the mom and dad in any way they need us.

Thank you all again and may God bless everyone,
Maggie
[/quote]

That is good news! :slight_smile: Will continue to pray.

You can count on our prayers.

Dear friend

Baby Zayze and her entire family remain in my prayers.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Your cousin’s baby and your family are in my prayers!!!

d–

May Zayze and her family be held close in the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Most Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Praying here, too…I am so pleased to hear that Zayze seems better… I will continue to pray…

The news just keeps getting better and better. The doctors performed an MRI. From what they can tell, she may have difficulty in learning in school. But her eye sight, motor skills, hearing, everything is normal. :dancing:

I cannot thank everyone enough for all of their prayers. I’m sure your prayers contributed to the excellent prognosis. It’s no wonder I love being on this website.

May God bless you all!
Maggie
:blessyou:

I’m glad to hear that UtahMaggie. I was praying for Zayze too these past few days along for my cousin’s health and so many more. I’m glad to hear she’s doing well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.