Prayers for 11 yr. old Dalton. Having spinal surgery 6/29

Some friend’s of ours has a son who was born with Hurler’s Syndrome. Hospitals & doctors are no strangers to this child. That’s all he’s known for all of his 11 years. Tomorrow he is having part 1 of a 2 part surgery scheduled this week on his spine.

I’ll report back once I know how things go tomorrow.

But please if you can add him & his family to your prayers.

Thank you & God Bless.

:gopray2:

Father, watch over little Dalton. Hold him up physically and mentally as he struggles with this surgery and the pain that will follow. Guide the hands of his doctors and nurses. Hold up his family and give them strength and faith. Place your angels around Dalton and his family. We trust in you Jesus!
AMEN

One can only imagine what Dalton and his parents and been through and will go through, but You, God, know. Please flood Your healing and comfort on this family, and please ensure that the surgeries are successful.
Please ease this young boy’s pain throughout his recovery.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

I will add little Dalton to my daily Rosary and ask our Blessed Mother to keep him under her heart and to ask her dear Son to bless the hands of his surgeon.

:signofcross::gopray2::hug3:

:amen:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying my heart out for precious Dalton to have successful operations and to lead a happy, normal life.

Father, in Jesus’ name please have mercy on Dalton and his family. Please ensure successful surgery, and help him to recover with minimum pain and discomfort.
Please grant peace to him and to his parens as they face his surgery.

Novena Prayer to
St. Anthony of Padua

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints,
your love for God, and Charity for his creatures,
made you worthy, when on earth, to possess
miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your
word, which you were ever ready to speak
for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by
this thought, I implore for you to obtain for me,
[for those who are stressed cure for all ills]
The answer to my prayers may require a miracle.
Ever so, you are the Saint of Miracles. O gentle
and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy,whisper my petitions into
the ears of thy Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved
to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude
of my heart will ever be yours
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

praying

Lord, grant Dalton health again. Grant him confidence in Your meciful love and abandonment to Your merciful love. May he be strong in faith and receive the best of care from his family and health care providers. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I want to thank everyone for adding Dalton & family to their prayers. I just received this email from my friend. I figured I’d post it here for everyone to read.

Thank you again & God Bless…

Hi everybody,

I’m sorry it’s taken so long for me to get to you. Today I was able to figure out how to use e-mail in this hospital. And now I have the time and resources.

Dalton spent the day in PICU Monday and we were on the orthopedic floor at 4pm on Tuesday afternoon. We slept till 11am today – whoo, hoo! We both evidently needed it. Sure we had some interruptions but we were able to go right back to sleep.
As soon as we awoke, he had another breathing treatment. It is a machine that has a plastic mask that fits over the nose and mouth, and pushes oxygen into his lungs. It encourges him to breath deep and use his lungs more effectively. This helps keep fluid from settling there and avoids pneumonia and other pulmonary issues. After that we had a visit from physical therapy. He was able to sit at the edge of the bed, take a few steps to the recliner and sit for about 20 minutes. Of course all with assistance. When he reached the 18minute mark, he had had enough. He was in too much discomfort and he vomited. So we got him back to the bed and he slept for 1 1/2 hours. The 2nd time around, I sat behind him on the bed, he at the edge,with his feet on the therapists and we were there for 10minutes. That was much better and it was all he could do for the day. He stayed awake for about 5hours and became uncomfortable so we had to give him a couple of boosts of pain medication and he’s been comfortable ever since. Right now he’s been asleep for about 1 1/2 hours.
I have to tell you all, how cooperative this little guy has been. With breathing treatments, vital sign regimines, dressing changes, physical therapy, people coming and going… He has been sooo adaptive and so NOT anxious. I know it’s because of God’s awesome grace and the many prayers He is answering. GOD IS GOOD!!! And I have such peace.
Thank you for the e-mails, prayers, phone calls and goodies from you all.
I am so thankful to all of you from the bottom of my heart.
I’m looking forward to reporting tomorrow more good news.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

In prayer for Dalton’s continued recovery

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying hard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.