Prayers for 14 year old with Brain Tumor

Glad to hear the news and you bet I will keep on praying :thumbsup:

Amen. We make a joyful noise to the Lord with you. May the family continue to be held in God’s graces as they recover from this event.

Praise God for answered prayers!! May Andy continue to heal, and may he & his family be blessed with a sense of God’s presence & love at this time. Amen.

Update on Andy - I recieved this e-mail from Andy’s mom …6/21

It’s good news in the update today! The results this afternoon’s CT scan showed no change since Saturday. What that means is that his brain is reabsorbing the fluid it is making. The ventricles are still somewhat large because they don’t always return to their normal size right away. The doctors will be monitoring him closely (every 1-3 months) with CT scans to make sure that problems don’t develop and I need to call them immediately if he develops a headache once we get home. So no surgery, no shunt needed right now. Praise God!

At this point we are on to the rehab portion of his recovery. He will be moved out of Oncology to the rehab wing of the hospital for intensive therapy. We could be there into next week.

Andy is getting anxious to get home, so he has been working hard and doing everything they tell him too. But simple things tire him out, like taking a shower or using the wheelchair or walker. His balance is still unsteady and he is less coordinated on his left side, especially his small motor/hand/fingers. Putting on and tying his shoes takes at least 5 minutes. His reading comprehension is getting a bit better, but that too takes a lot of effort. Basically, this part of rehab is slow, but we do see small improvements each day. Best of all, he hasn’t had any headaches.

We thank you all for your prayers, cards, calls, etc. What a blessing you are to us. There are no words to convey how much it means to have such dear friends. Continue to pray for our family. We are all readjusting to a different lifestyle and expectations with an uncertain future ahead. Especially pray for Andy and his attitude to continue to be as good as it is now. He has been wonderful through this whole time, never complaining (except when I was pulling his hair to get the adhesive out!) and then all he said was “ouch”. He’s always been such a great kid, and unbelievably, this hasn’t changed him. We can’t ask for any more.

Love,

A & A

Thanks for prayer for my friends, Andy’s dad is an old Army buddy of mine, a christian, but not Catholic. He is a an elder in a non-denomational church and use to be part of Gospel Rock Band back in the '70s.

Please tell your friends that they are being prayed for. This breaks my heart as I have a 14 yr old son. WE often battle with words - while Andy battles for his life.

Puts all in perspective for me today and I thank you for this blessing in my life - Andy and his family have blessed me today to learn to appreciate my son and enjoy him being him, as difficult as these teen years can be.

Andy and his family will be remembered in my rosaries.

Amen for all the good news and thanks for keeping us posted.

As a father of a 12 year old who had brain tumor surgery last year - the healing takes time - for both the child and the parents. And that’s both physical and mental. They don’t want to go that slow - but it really is best after that kind of major trauma.

Attitude is great, which will make it so much easier. Thank God kids think they are invincible and unstoppable.

Update on Andy

Dear friends–
Andy came home yesterday! He spent a total of 9 days in intensive care and 7 more days in the oncology unit for intense rehab and therapy. We are now working with him on regaining his strength, balance, fine motor skills, thinking skills, etc. He has worked very hard to relearn many motor skills. Thankfully, his wonderful personality seems to be unaffected. Needless to say, this has been a whirlwind for us. The future is somewhat uncertain, as we enter the rehab stage of this process.
Thankfully, it is summer and we don’t have the pressure that would be associated with school and its activities. We are just so grateful that he is going to be okay, whatever that will be. It is our dream to see him back on a baseball field, and playing his trumpet in the jazz band again. For now, it is one day at a time.

God has given us strength to go through this so far, and we know He will continue to be faithful.

With our love,

–A & A

:gopray2:

Great news and thanks for sharing.

It is a healing journey they are on and it will last for many years. Hopefully and prayerfully with all in good health for the family. Giving thanks and praise for this family. May their journey continue to be guided by His love.

Update on Andy

Email update from Andy’s parents, thank you for your prayers

[FONT=Courier]Hi everyone,

Wanted to share the good news from Andy’s doctor appointment today with the neurosurgeon. This was a follow-up from his 3 month post surgical MRI and CT scans. There is no evidence of the tumor re-occurring on the MRI. His ventricles have begun to shrink, which means that the cerebral spinal fluid is being reabsorbed, and there is no need for a shunt at this time. Yeah!!!

He has been feeling good, and improving daily, but it is so reassuring to know that the scans are clear. He was visibly relieved, I know he was worried about the results.

Physical therapy is continuing, but he has “graduated” from occupational therapy with just some home exercises (like practicing guitar or playing catch) to do.

Thank you, as always for your prayers!

A & A

[/FONT]

Praying hard for Andy.

Thanks for the update. In my prayers, Tim

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I will remember Andy in my prayers and at Mass…

Sounds like a miracle to me! I’ll keep this family in my prayers!

Deo Gratius!

Keeping each of your intentions in prayer…

Thank the Lord!
I will continue to pray for Andy.

Thank you for the good news, will keep Andy in my prayers:gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.