Prayers for a beloved family dog

Please pray for our beloved dog, Reggie. He is a wonderful labrador retriever, who has brought us much happiness over the past 11 1/2 years. He was just diagnosed with terminal cancer and will be going to be with his mom, who also just died, soon.

We ask for the intercession of St. Francis, that God may spare Reggie any discomfort, or if it be in His will, that He may heal Reggie. If you’ve had any pets, you know what a grace they are in the few years we have with them. Please also pray that our family be comforted no matter what God has in store for our sweet Reggie.

Thank you and God Bless!

With my prayers and sympathy. We just lost our 12 year old lab-boxer. - Joe

Thank you, Joe. It means a lot to have the support! I wish they all lasted much longer. :frowning:

Your family will also be in our prayers. God bless and have a great weekend!

Will certainly remember you and your family in my prayers (as well as your dog).

We have a 1/2 lab 1/2 husky who is very much a member of our family…they provide love and support sometimes when nobody else is around…

Take care

Praying!

Hey He Man-I know what you mean about losing a beloved dog.

I had a 5 year old Jack Russell/hound mix named “Tia” that I had to put to sleep (I don’t like using the word ‘euthanize’ ) in 2006. She had a blood disorder with a long Greek name-came upon her suddenly in late '05. To make a long story short, she eventually had anemia, and then kidney failure.

I was with her at the Cornell University Veterinary Hospital when she was put down. I kept saying to her, “I love you…I love you” as I stroked her. I put some Lourdes water on her head, placed a hand crucifix there as well, then prayed the 'Prayer for my Pet" through eyes welling with tears. I had just undergone cancer surgery a week and two days before Tia died. I cried my eyes out when she peacefully went to sleep…and two years later, I still miss her.

I have her ashes in a pretty wood box that the vet hospital sent me.

I wish I could have another dog-but right now, with no job and possibly having to find another place to live, it’s not possible.

My prayers to you and your family, He Man-I know what you’re going through…:frowning: :frowning:

Praying for your dog, Reggie and for all of you.

www.lourdescenter.org

Have faith. Praying for your Reggie.

"God is all that is good. He creates only love, therefore he did not create sickness. Sickness is an illusion and does not actually exist. It is part of our worldly dream, our self-created nightmare. Our prayer to God is that He awaken us from the dream.

—Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles "

One more thing…try going to www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com (try searching it if it doesn’t come up, I may have the address wrong) but there is alot on healing of cancer there. Please take a look! I have no association to the site at all. I have just found it to be a great help and pass it on when needed.

prayers for you and I know the pain…

Praying for your beloved Reggie. I’ll be praying for you and your family also at this time. I understand exactly what you are going through. Pets are members of the family.

I am sorry to read about what you are going through. I lost my beloved calico one year ago after she had a stroke and I know the heart ache you are experiencing watching your pet suffer.

I will pray for you.
Renata

Thank you to all who are praying for Reggie and our family! We are also praying for all of you, that God may bless you abundantly!! :heaven:

There are a lot of people like you who have or will be loosing a beloved pet.

As I mentioned, in an earlier post I lost my beloved cat last year after 15 years +, I lost two german shepards, another 2 cats in my lifetime. It hurts each and every time…but there is a wonderful website I came across a couple of years ago and I would like to share it with you:

in-memory-of-pets.com

Its a wonderful website where you can share your feelings, post pictures, receive and give encouragment.

God Bless you and Reggie
RS

St. Francis, please help Reggie in his time of need. Ease his pain and send comfort to his family. Amen

There is also one called over the rainbow bridge. I don’t visit it too often as I cry too much when I see all the beautiful pets who have left this world.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. The idea of an innocent being, human, or animal, in pain, or neglect, makes my heart ache.

continued prayers for you and Reggie.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.