Prayers for a Fellow Seminarian!

My name is Matt and today at St. Gregory the Great Seminary, we just found out that one of our seminarian brothers (a sophomore) has a brain tumor and is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. Please pray for him and that the Lord’s will may be done in all this. Thanks so much and God bless!

PS- his name is Wesley and he is studying for the Kansas City-St. Joseph, Missouri Diocese. We all here greatly appreciate your prayers!!

NOVENA TO ST. RITA

O holy protectress of those who art in greatest need, thou who shineth as a star of hope in the midst of darkness, blessed Saint Rita, bright mirror of God’s grace, in patience and fortitude thou art a model of all the states in life. I unite my will with the will of God through the merits of my Savior Jesus Christ, and in particular through his patient wearing of the crown of thorns, which with tender devotion thou didst daily contemplate. Through the merits of the holy Virgin Mary and thine own graces and virtues, I ask thee to obtain my earnest petition, provided it be for the greater glory of God and my own sanctification. Guide and purify my intention, O holy protectress and advocate, so that I may obtain the pardon of all my sins and the grace to persevere daily, as thou didst in walking with courage, generosity, and fidelity down the path of life.

For the healing of Wesley.

Saint Rita, advocate of the impossible, pray for us.
Saint Rita, advocate of the helpless, pray for us.

Pray 3 times: 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary, and 1 Glory Be

Heavenly Father, you are the greatest physician and protector. Encircle Wesley with your ever abundant love & comfort. Please bring him safely through surgery & grant him a complete healing. Amen.

Praying that all goes well with Wesley’s surgery and that the brain tumor is totally removed:

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

:gopray: :signofcross:

Praying for Wesley.

Source: santoninodecebu.org/novena.html

In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

O Senor Santo Nino, you are our king and our God, we worship you. You are our strong defender, we turn to you. You are the patron of Cebu, the Philippines and the world, we come to you; You have made extraordinary wonders through your miraculous image in those chosen islands, remember us. Look down at this poor soul that comes to you for help. Lead us with Your wisdom; discipline us with your truth; console us with your tenderness, protect us with your might.

We consecrate today our thoughts of you, only with you shall they be occupied; our words, only of you shall they speak; our sufferings, that we may endure them for your sake. We beg you Senor Santo Nino, illumine our understanding, kindle our will, cleanse our body, sanctify our soul. We wish what you wish, because you wish, as you wish, as long as you wish.

Grant us, Senor Santo Nino that we may feel love toward you, be strict toward ourselves be zealous toward our fellowmen, and rightly despise the things of the world. Help us to overcome sensuality with strict discipline, avariciousness with generosity, anger with gentleness, indolence with zealous industry. Make us wise in counsel, courageous in danger, patient in adversity, humble in prosperity.

Teach us, dear Santo Nino, how worthless is the world, how sublime is heaven, how brief is time, how long is eternity. Grant us, lastly, that we may remember you, adore you, love you and serve you here on earth that we may be happy with you forever and ever in heaven. Amen

Holy God, we praise Thy Name.
Lord of all! we bow before Thee;
All on earth Thy scepter claim,
All in heaven above adore Thee;
Infinite Thy vast domain,
Everlasting is Thy reign.
Hark! the loud celestial hymn,
Angels’ choirs above are raising;
Cherubim and Seraphim
In unceasing chorus praising,
Fill the heavens with sweet accord,
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord!
Fill the heav’ns with sweet accord,
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord!
SUPPLICATIONS TO SANTO NINO

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Jesus, hear us.
Jesus, graciously hear us.
In every need let us come to you with humble trust.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
In our all doubts, perplexities and temptations,
R. Santo Nino, help us.
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,
R. Santo Nino, help us.
In the failure of our plans and hopes.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
In disappointments, troubles and sorrows,
R. Santo Nino, help us.
When others fail us, and Your Grace alone can assist us.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
When we throw ourselves on your tender love as our only refuge.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
When we are ill and our head and hands cannot work and we are lonely.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
When we feel impatient and our cross irritates us.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
Always, always, in spite of weaknesses, failings and shortcomings of every kind.
R. Santo Nino, help us.
Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world:
Spare us. O Jesus.
Lamb of God who take away the sins of te world:
Graciously hear us, O Jesus
Lamb of God who take away the sins of the world:
have mercy upon us, O Jesus.
Jesus, hear us.
Jesus, Graciously hear us.
LET US PRAY
O Santo Nino, who has said, “ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you,” Give we beseech you, to us who ask the gift of your divine love, that we may love you with our whole heart, in word and work, and never cease from showing forth your praise.

Make us, O Lord, to have a perpetual fear and love of Your Holy Name, for you never fail to govern them whom you solidly establish in Your love; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

My dear
Ok surely pray for him.Roma 8:28 We are well
Aware that God works with those who love him
Those who have been called in accordance with his
Purpose and turns Everything to their good

God bless you

NOVENA TO ST. RITA

O holy protectress of those who art in greatest need, thou who shineth as a star of hope in the midst of darkness, blessed Saint Rita, bright mirror of God’s grace, in patience and fortitude thou art a model of all the states in life. I unite my will with the will of God through the merits of my Savior Jesus Christ, and in particular through his patient wearing of the crown of thorns, which with tender devotion thou didst daily contemplate. Through the merits of the holy Virgin Mary and thine own graces and virtues, I ask thee to obtain my earnest petition, provided it be for the greater glory of God and my own sanctification. Guide and purify my intention, O holy protectress and advocate, so that I may obtain the pardon of all my sins and the grace to persevere daily, as thou didst in walking with courage, generosity, and fidelity down the path of life.

Lord, have mercy.

Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Praying for Wesley, that he may heal and continue his studies for the Priesthood, and become of service to the people of God.

For Wesley

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying hard for Wesley.

Our Father Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name, Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying for him.

NOVENA TO ST. RITA

Praying for Wesley…

+

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven,
who brought forth the Son of God, still remaining a Virgin, assist me in this my necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help me, and show me that you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly ask you from
the depths of my heart to help me in this necessity. There are none who can
withstand your power. O show me that you are my Mother.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.
Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. Amen

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.