Prayers for a Holiday Season of Joy

Please pray that while we race from store to store, when we study our gift lists and when we sit around a festive table with those we love, that we remember why we are celebrating this season. May we stop a moment in all the bustle of the holiday season and say thank you for our blessings. May we remember those who are missing from our tables and daily lives. May we pray for those who are in harms way, who suffer, who fear for their next meal or are afraid. May we thank all those who give us joy, love and friendship. May we thank our employers, our military and all those who keep us safe. May we all find peace in the love of our Baby Jesus and his Mother Mary. In our most difficult moments, may we hear a beautiful Christmas song, may we enjoy a special cookie, may we feel the warmth of a fire and the love of our family. Please dear Lord, may we stop for just a moment each day during these days ahead, and notice a twinkle in the stars, the smile of a child or savor a memory. May we give more than we can afford to the less fortunate. May we sleep peacefully in anticipation of the Birth of our Savior. May we feel JOY and PEACE.

Amen!

Beautiful.

Amen!

Pamm, I am going to print your prayer out and read it daily. You said so well what I need to remember during Advent. God Bless You.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions…..

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayers for these intentions. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.