Prayers for a mom please

I just found out a relative had a late term abortion because the baby had health problems. This is a Catholic family and they need your prayers.

How heartbreaking. Praying for them.

Sending prayers and hugs to all. :gopray2:

They have my prayers as well. If you have regular contact with this family, try to convince them to seek confession.

Praying for them but what kind of health problems needed to resort in abortion? Asking with complete understanding but just wondering.

[quote=raphaela]Praying for them but what kind of health problems needed to resort in abortion? Asking with complete understanding but just wondering.
[/quote]

Gently barging…I doubt that many here would think that any health problem for the baby would necessitate a late-term abortion, but in my experience, parents whose children have “incompatible with life” diagnoses (i.e., not able to breathe, no brain function, hydroencephalitis, etc) aren’t able to think of their child suffering when they are outside the womb and feel this is the more humane option.

NOT SURE but the baby would not have lived long and I think maybe the baby was deformed.

[quote=justLaura]Gently barging…I doubt that many here would think that any health problem for the baby would necessitate a late-term abortion, but in my experience, parents whose children have “incompatible with life” diagnoses (i.e., not able to breathe, no brain function, hydroencephalitis, etc) aren’t able to think of their child suffering when they are outside the womb and feel this is the more humane option.
[/quote]

What does incompatible with life mean?

If we are certain, beyond any doubt, that the baby is dead, then there is no life to concern us.

If we are certain, beyond any doubt, that the child is living now,
regardless of its life expectancy, we are obliged to provide for its needs, including treatment if its pain, and any remedy for its discomfort. We are NOT obliged to use heroic measures to unnecessarily prolong a doomed child.

If we are NOT certain, then we must err on the side of life.

Is it possible that such parents are deceiving themselves?

Humane for whom? Physical pain is TREATABLE. I do not see how an abortion eliminates the PHYSICAL pain of a CHILD, as most abortions involve serious damage to the body of the child which is not immediately lethal. It is easy to see how people might think it will reduce their EMOTIONAL pain, though.

Since the proposed action is NOT a moral one, it should not be considered.

Perhaps someone who has borne this particular cross, will add their experience. We do know, from the example of this very thread, that there are spiritual and emotional consequences to abortion.
Abortion Awareness - Silent No More

I can reply from our experience. My sil and bil were 19 weeks into their pregnancy when it was discovered via ultrasound that their baby had a missing leg, open sine, no kidneys and no stomach. They are both Catholic and really wanted to carry to term, even after the devastating news. Then the Catholic OB recommended ending the pregnancy because he said that she was at risk for an infection because of the open spine. She is 38, they have just been married a year, and I think that the Dr. was concerned that perhaps complications could result in her not being able to ever have children. Anyway, they called the Priest that married them and he said it would be OK to go ahead with the procedure.

Was it OK? I don’t really know but it does seem to me that they did everything they could in terms of seeking advice from Catholics that they trusted to be prolife.

Either way, it was a terrible loss for our family. We were very much looking forward to this little one’s arrival.

God Bless,
Nicole

Only One Mother

Most of all the other beautiful things
in life come by twos and threes, by
dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses,
stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and
sisters, aunts and cousins, but only
one mother in the whole world.

____ Kate Douglas Wiggins

I still often think - I’ll call Mom!

It has been a long time now since I lost my mother. For those of you that are requesting prayers for your mothers. Thank you, I said many for mine.

Werman:)

Praying for all involved.

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Will certainly keep this Mom and family in prayer…

JUST A REMINDER FOR ALL POSTING HERE!!! THIS IS THE PRAYER FORUM, AND NOT INTENDED FOR ALL THIS OTHER STUFF BEING POSTED. THIS FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER!

Heavenly Father, we beg you to heal
the hearts and minds of these poor parents.
Send your special graces down upon them
and their family members.
Send them your special angel from heaven
to comfort, protect, guide and defend them.
We beg of you to also guide them with the
Holy Spirit. Give them peace and understanding.
We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
AMEN

Lord, comfort this family who just lost a baby. Amen

Lord, bring your healing to this family. Mother Mary please intercede…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.