Prayers for a new job, my marriage

I humbly ask you for prayers that I find a new job that will make good use of my skills and provide for my family. I was informed this week that my job of 11 years with the church is being eliminated, and I will very soon be out of work. This has caused me a great deal of doubt, grief and worry. I ask that you pray that I quickly find suitable work to support my family, but that I also will KNOW that it is a job God is leading me too. This is creating great stress on my marriage, and I love my wife dearly. We have been married over 28 years, and I cannot stand to see the strain on her, the hurt in our relationship, and our marriage. Please pray for us, I really need to the prayers. I feel like such a failure and life seems rather bleak, to say the least.

Thank you.

Bruce

I feel your pain and of those in the same boat. Hang in there and tell your wife that you are doing your best to cope with this problem. Pray hard that your family may understand and accept this trial in your life. I’ll be praying for your whole family. One Joyful Mystery for your intention. God Bless and take care.

I am so sorry!!! :frowning: Rest assure, God has something special planned for you, but sometimes, in our humanness, we cannot see that. Please rely on Him, and know He will always take care of you and your family. My prayers for you to find gainful employment soon, and that you and your wife will have peace of mind while God works on things for you. (((hugs)))

Bruce, yes, I will pray thar God will take particular care of your family. You have served Him, and I pray He will look after you and your family. You are not a failure, Bruce. You are a victim of others’ greed. I’m conscious that God never willed you or anyone out of your jobs. I think of the recession as something like a war. Evil greedy men began this recession, and as in a war there are millions, literally millions of victims of the sin of these men throughout not only your country but also the world. The economic crisis begun by these men with their sin of greed has had a domino effect throughout the world, and in every country people are losing jobs and companies are closing down, including in mine.

I ask You, Lord, to find Bruce steady work to support his family. And don’t let him feel he’s a failure. It isn’t true

I will be praying for you and your family and also that you find a suitable job very quickly.

praying…

Praying for your intentions.:signofcross:

Bruce -

Sorry for your situation - I hope that God will guide you to a new job quickly and will watch over your family.

• TK

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for you to find a good job and a happy marriage!

One Sorrowful Mystery for you intention tomorrow. Pray that your family may have the courage and strength to face this problem. Remember that you are not alone in this.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, please help this person find employment soon. He, like so many others, is struggling in these hard economic times and is unemployed. It is so much more difficult for someone who is the “breadwinner,” Lord, to be placed in this situation, for he or she is the person who provides for so many young ones or spouses. Please, Lord, not for his sake but for that of his family, please allow him to find work soon. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

St. Cajetan, pray for us.

Continuing to pray for you and your family.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us our daily bread.
Forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end
. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

For your inner self and your family’s faith and unity, for support of your family

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end
. Amen

Lord I ask Your mercy on all aspects of this family’s life

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.