Prayers for a police officer

I would like to humbly ask for prayers on behalf of my boyfriend who is going through a very difficult time right now. He is a police officer and has been involved in multiple fatal shootings over the past six years. Without going into too much detail; while the shootings were all investigated and found to be justified, he still bears a great deal of guilt. Lately he has become especially depressed and is suffering from severe insomnia and isn’t eating or exercising like he used to and his personality has changed dramatically.

I am sick with worry for him and have done everything I know to encourage him to seek counseling or medical help, but he refuses. Not only is living in such torment unhealthy for him, but it is damaging our relationship with one another as well. He is not Catholic, but does attend Mass with me regularly. While he was raised in a Christian home, he has definitely experienced a crisis of faith since becoming a cop. I know (because he’s told me) that he wants very much to have the faith that I do, but he doesn’t know how.

Please pray that he realizes that seeking help does not make him weak; that he finds emotional and spiritual peace; that he is able to sleep peacefully; that his appetite returns; that he realizes that he can open up to me without fear of me judging him; and that he understands how much God truly loves him.

Thank you so much! Blessings!

Felicity, I could understand how a policeman could easily go through a crisis of faith expecially if involved with killings of others in the course of his duty.
I join with you in asking God to have him seek the help he needs, and the means he needs to cope with this career choice.
I ask God to guide you also, in this difficult and changed relationship. May God help you both

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

***Praying for your bf, Felicity. ***

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen

Praying very hard for your boyfriend to St. Dymphna. God bless him for his career. The police are so valuable in keeping the peace and keeping us safe. I pray for his happiness and peace of mind!

For healing and peace for your boyfriend and your relationship

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen

Thank you all for your prayers!

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Still praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.