Prayers for a pregnant mom (abortion)

Hi everyone, especially the prayer warriors,

I have a dear friends who my husband considers like a mother to him. She has a granddaughter who is 6 months pregnant and is considering an abortion. In fact, her and her husband want the abortion. They were just told that their baby has Edward Syndrome. Here is a video on youtube on it, but be careful as some one pointed out in the comment section, they show another disease in their photos, but the facts are correct.

youtube.com/watch?v=BVdzIywvE_Y&feature=related

Here is information on the disease if you like me have never heard of it:
bio-medicine.org/biology-definition/Edwards_syndrome/

Please pray for this mom, Marsha, so that she will not abort her baby and allow God to take her baby when He choses. One of her fears is that she knew of a couple who had a baby born with this. This was a very holy Catholic family and they did want want to abort the baby as the doctors suggested and as they are advising this couple. They had the baby and three months later the baby died. Marsha’s grandmother has stressed to her that it would be better to allow God to decide when He wanted to take the baby and for her not to kill the baby, but she is still going with the abortion. Prayers are needed to stop her from making this mistake. We can also pray for a miracle and that this baby be born normal if it be God’s will.

Thank you for you prayers for this mother and her unborn baby. I am sure this is not easy for her or her husband.

*Dear nana3,
I am so sad to hear that this couple wants to have an abortion because their baby is sick. I hope that they get some religious guidance before they make such a lasting decision as having an abortion.
I know many families that have disabled babies/children, and are thankful for such a blessing! Of coarse, it changes ones life totally, but the little one can and does bring such joy to a family!
I will pray for Marsha and her husband that God will be able to guide them through their decision making.
My prayers are also with you and your husband, who care about this couple and the unborn infant.
God Bless,
Angel Face

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, please help Marsha make the right decision to not abort her child. May someone reveal to her her how wrong it would be to abort her baby and how damaging it would be to Marsha’s mind, body and soul to have an abortion. Please spare the mother and child, Lord, and put someone in Marsha’s life to influence her to stop thinking about the possiblity of abortion. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thank you Angel face and all of you. Marsha’s grandmother is a devout Catholic and has recommended to them to see a priest before making this decision and they refuse. She then recommended seeing any minister for Marsha’s husband is not a Catholic, and they still refused. They are just listening to the doctor and he is painting a poor picture of the life this child will have. For now they just want the abortion and that is why the grandmother called us and is calling all her prayer partners to pray for she believes in the power of prayers and wants the life of her great-grandchild to not end in abortion.

Thanks for your prayers and continue to pray for them. I will keep you updated if anything changes, but so far she has not had the abortions, so we continue to pray.

Mother Mary I implore you to pray for this young mother and her baby,
and that all will be done according to God’s merciful love.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying hard for life to prevail.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.