Prayers for a thoughtful friend

Hi everyone,

Could I ask you all to say a prayer or two for a friend of mine? We recently had a really good-natured conversation over instant messaging about sexuality, and I was plugging for Catholic sexual teaching the whole while (rather incognito; I didn’t want to turn her off too soon!), and after a bit she said essentially “Shoot, now you’ve got me reconsidering everything.” and other things that suggested she was really thinking hard and thoughtfully about what we had talked about! I was so happy to hear her say that she found any merit in what was basically Catholic sexual teaching minus the name; it was so beautiful to see someone really think about it and not reject it out of hand, which is more what I’m used to. Would you mind praying for her, that this may be a springboard for further inquiry and growth? She is not religious but she is a truly open-minded person who genuinely seems very concerned with bettering humanity, and I think that’s why she was able to see, or at least glimpse, that current sexual mores are not doing a lot to better anyone’s life, to say the least. I just sincerely hope she has the curiosity, the will, and the courage to continue to pursue this. The Church’s teaching on sexuality is so beautiful and life-affirming it makes me so happy to see anyone moving in that direction!

Thank you so much everyone!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.