Prayers for a young mother who just lost her son

I’m over on myfitnesspal.com and you have friends there that are a great source of support when you’re working on staying healthy. One of my friends there definitely needs our support now.

She is only 20 years old, and just told us of the death of her 10-month-old son after she found him not breathing. He had gastroschisis and was rushed to the ER by ambulance, but pronounced dead within 10 minutes. She is devastated and heartbroken.

Please pray for this sweet baby who has gone to heaven, for his young mother, and for the entire family.

Thank you and may God bless you…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Mother Mary please pray for her in her grief and loss, remembering your own pain at the foot of the cross.

***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
BLessed art thou amounst women
And Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen

Bless this little angel who is now cared for by our heavenly Mother. Lord please comfort the parent’s broken hearts and allow them to find peace in the knowledge that he is with Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Prayers for sweet baby; may he rest in peace. May the God of all comfort be with the mother and family and friends as they grieve this loss.
God bless you as well.
Mary.

For the soul of this baby and for his parents:

By Thy resurrection from the dead, O Christ, death no longer hath dominion over those who die in holiness. So, we beseech Thee, give rest to Thy servants in Thy sanctuary and in Abraham’s bosom. Grant it to those, who from Adam until now have adored Thee with purity, to our fathers and brothers, to our kinsmen and friends, to all men who have lived by faith and passed on their road to Thee, by a thousand ways, and in all conditions, and make them worthy of the heavenly kingdom.

My prayers will be with your friend. My son was born with an omphalacele, it is very similar to gastroschesis, he struggled and in Feb 2012 was given the all clear, he was a happy healthy 2 year old. 15 days later the Lord carried him home for unknown reasons. It will be very hard for her and no one should ever have to go thru this pain. But its good that she isnt alone. SHe will struggle with guilt, this is a heavy burden. Dont be afraid to talk about her baby when she brings him up, its harder when people ignore it and try to get around it. Be there to listen if she wants to talk, and when she doesnt want to dont force it. I will lift her up in my prayers.

Dear Lord,
I ask you to lift up this young mother in her time of tragedy. I ask you to send your angels to give her strength. Fill her with peace Oh Lord. I ask you to watch over her and her entire family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for this mother and for the soul of her child!

Eternal rest grant unto this precious child O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon him
and may he rest in peace Amen

Lord please heal the pain of this grieving mother and all who mourn his loss Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

May he rest n peace. Lord may you give the family strength at this very sad moment of their life. That they will get thru this pain how difficult it may seem.

Mama Mary pray for them.

Mt:10:30-31
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Lord be with this woman in this time of sorrow

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

My prayers… the sorrow is unfathomable… as a father myself…

The Lord comfort you…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with You.
Blessed are you
Among women
And blessed is the fruit
Of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

When she is ready, tell her to go to Daily Strength.com and create a profile and then join a member group found here:
dailystrength.org/groups/formomsonly

This is a strong and loving community of women who have lost children to many reasons: SIDS, illness, disease, assault, suicide, etc. She will find much ongoing strength and comfort from these women many of whom have a great faith in God.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen

Loving Christ please keep this mother and family in your most sacred heart

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.