Prayers for an Injured Dog

This might seem like a bit of a silly prayer intention, but a coworker and good friend’s dog, a small terrier mutt, was attacked this past weekend by an English Mastiff. Yesterday they found out that she had quite a bit more internal injuries than they had originally thought, including a broken rib that punctured her stomach cavity and a lot more. Squirt’s an awesome dog and her mom and dad are such great, sweet people, and it’s their first pet. She had emergency surgery yesterday, and came through it fairly well, but she’s such a little dog to have been through such trauma.

If you would offer up prayers to St. Francis to go with mine, I’d appreciate it very much!

:gopray:

Uniting my prayers and also praying for you, Angie…

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

St. Francis, pray for Squirt! Heal him of his injuries and guide the vets. Amen.

I have asked St.Francis to pray for the healing of
this sweet widdle doggie.
God bless,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

Praying.

Praying for Squirt and her family.:gopray2:

May God bless and heal Squirt!

~~ the phoenix

Doggies are great. I will pray for Squirt. :gopray2:

The dog was in my prayer. You can ask St. Francis and St. Anthony for their intercessions.

Prayers for the injured doggie…may he fully recover…

God Bless…

:heart:Blyss

I just said a quick prayer also.

Please give us updates on how the little fellow is doing.
I love doggies.
God bless,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

As a dog lover myself, I will pray for Squirt.

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your prayers. They seem to be helping! As of now, Squirt came through the surgery very well, and is currently at home with Mommy resting. She’s probably going to have a long and rough recovery, but the vet is cautiously optimistic, so that’s a good thing.

Thank you St. Francis! Thank you, Lord! And thank you, board! :smiley:

Good to hear that!
Actually, her name appeared in my mind when I was in adoration chapel today. I know it sounds silly, but I prayer for her there :stuck_out_tongue:

So let me pray a hail mary for squit recovery. :smiley:

prayers for Squirt & her loving family…

Please pray for my son’s injured baby pitbull. my son is out of town, some one was watching the dog. and Tiger the pit got out. someone else found him wa taking him to the pound and he jumped out of the back of the pickup and choked, hung and draged down the street. they tried a rope to his collar and then tried it to the side of the truck. if he doesn’t get better tomorrow, I think he will have to be put down.

thank you

To anyone that prayed for Squirt two years ago: She recovered splendidly! She’s still an awesome little dog, and she actually became a sister a couple of weeks ago when her mommy and daddy adopted a baby girl named Serena. :slight_smile:

Thank you, God for your blessings! Please care for the injured doggy mentioned above! St. Francis, please help heal the pup as you helped heal Squirt!

Amen.

Poor dog. :frowning:

St. Francis of Assisi, pray for this injured dog. :crossrc:

St. Anthony of Padua, pray for this injured dog. :crossrc:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.