Prayers for breast surgeon undergoing a radical mastectomy

My sister is a breast cancer surgeon who will be undergoing a radical masectomy herself, this Thursday, February 4th. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to strengthen her and her family, and for her healing. Thank you! Mariahjoy

Praying for your sister.

Thank you Baptista. May His will be done. My sister has healed many women afflicted with breast cancer. God has always been with her as she removed the cancers, and I know He will be there for her also. Thank you so much for your prayers. Mariahjoy

Loving God,

We come before you today to lift up the needs of Mariahjoy’s dear sister who have devoted her life to helping God’s people through her vocation as a surgeon. She now finds herself in the same condition as the many people she has provided great care and comfort to as she ministered to their needs, calmed their fears, and absorbed their concerns and questions with care and poise. We ask the blessing and healing power of your son Jesus to overwhelm and strengthen Mariahjoy’s sister in her time of need and anxiety, and may you bless the efforts and results of her medical, spiritual, and family care givers as they minister to her. Please help her to join her suffering with that of our Lord and to place it at the foot of the Cross as she continues her journey of faith. Please provide Mariahjoy’ sister with a strong faith, hope, and a positive attitude as she deals with this challenge in her life.

We pray in the name of your beloved son, our Lord Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Jesus please ensure for her the best care, and help her to recover from this great psychological and physical blow. Please give her and her family all the loving support they need.
Jesus please be with her and her family with many graces for themselves and others.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Mariahjoy’s sister)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

J+M+J

God our loving Father, I offer up in prayer Mariahjoy’s sister and her decision to undergo a mastectomy. You know she has cured many people of the destructive disease of breast cancer because she has allowed You to work through her. Please send legions of angels and the saints of heaven to surround and intercede for her and her family during this time, so that they all may be given strength, comfort, hope, and continued faith in You. I pray that she will not be affected adversely after this radical surgery, but that she will be able to live a healthy, normal life and praise You for Your goodness to her. I ask this in the name of Jesus, the Lord. Amen.

Saint Peregrine, patron saint of all who suffer from cancer, pray for her.

Praying very hard to St.Peregrine for her successful surgery!

Praying for your sister and her family.

Holy spirit please touch this woman and heal her, provide all your blessings to her and reward her for all her good works, amen

Thank you, Prayer Warriors and members, for your prayers for my sister. Her surgery is tomorrow morning, February 4th! I am so thankful that I have found this site and all of you! God Bless you all in your ministries.

Mariahjoy

Your sister will be in our prayers on the 4th

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

How is your sister doing?

Thank you, Baptista, for asking, and for your prayers. My sister’s surgery was sucessful in removing the tumor, and they discovered that it had spread to her lymph nodes. She had breast re-construction after her own breast tissue was removed. We are waiting to see if it has been contained to that area and has not spread further. We will know on Wednesday. I will be at her home next week to minister to her needs. My sister is there now. She will begin Chemo next month when she is stronger. Every day will be a struggle for her, but with our continued prayers, I know she will find strength that she never knew she had. I will pray to St. Peragrine and to Jesus for her healing so she can continue her work in helping others overcome breast cancer. I thank you and all on this blessed site for your concern and prayers. God bless you and all who are praying.

Mariahjoy

Praying through the intercession of St. Peregrine. I hope she fully recovers because she will be a great source of strength and encouragement for others facing the same situation.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Mariahjoy’s sister)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.