Prayers for Catholics beginning to read the Bible

In another forum I mentioned that I was planning to read the Catholic Bible in one year, beginning Jan. 1.

If not too much trouble, I’d appreciate prayers, not just for me, but anyone else in the same situation (Catholics who are new to the Bible and beginning to read it). There are probably a few of us, judging from the questions about which Bible to read, what order to read the books, and similar things.

Thanks in advance.

May I suggest that you begin with the New Testament, with the gospels and the letters of the evangelists?

May the Holy Spirit guide you, and all who read the bible.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

Praying for your success. I am on my third reading of the Bible and recommend it!

I, like you, have decided to start reading the bible as I return to my faith. I’m not going to use the year plan, though. I was at the Catholic store in my town and the lady suggested that I read along with the daily readings for the church. So I bought “A Simple Guide to the Daily Mass Readings 2009.”

You are in my prayers for success on your journey…

Wonderful prayer intention! Be assured of my prayers as well, and may the Holy Spirit richly bless your endeavor.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.