Prayers for child custody

I humbly request prayers on behalf of my brother who is trying to get custody of his daughter this morning from the woman he married due to riotous living by her and her “swinging” lifestyle. His daughter is kept from him by this woman and she it’s not living the Catholic or Christian example she should. My brother is not perfect, but he puts his daughter’s needs and life ahead of his own and not the other way around. Intercession to the Blessed Mlother is appreciated.

+Prayer For Healing After Separation Or Divorce+

O loving and creating God, bless families hurting with the pain of separation and divorce. We know that when two people are married, they mean it for life. Yet, at times, with some people, and in some very complex situations, it just doesn’t happen that way.

Give peace and courage to all who have experienced the disruption caused by divorce or separation. Help them to accept their feelings of rejection, loneliness and grief.

Help them, above all, to believe in Your presence, and to believe in the Church as a source of strength and compassion.

Help all of us to be sensitive to emotional, spiritual and physical needs of children who have divorced or separated parents. Enable us to reach out in love. May our priests be aware of the pain of separated and divorced parishioners and always welcome them in parish spiritual and social activities.

Especially we pray, O God, that as we continue to recognize Jesus in the “breaking of the bread”, we will carry Jesus with us and reach out to all our separated and divorced families with love, compassion and understanding. Amen.

Praying for what will be in the best interest for this child. Praying for the family.

Prayers for what will ultimately be the best for the child, and for all involved. Prayers for guidance for the parents, that they be led to improve and do their best. Prayers to gird their support systems, emotional and legal. Prayers for those who make the decisions.

Remember whatever truly benefits the mom will ultimately benefit the daughter.

Prayers to you, sweet friend, to hang in there and be an awesome support. :hug1:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular Chris Biggs’s brother, and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Praying for all. Father, ease the suffering of this family. Give them faith, strength, peace, hope and love. Let them see what is really important about living and loving in Christ Jesus.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of thy Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

**O Mary, conceived without sin,
Co-Redemptrix, willing participant in Jesus’ great work of salvation,
teach us to work with Him for the salvation of our neighbour.
Pray for us who have recourse to Thee!

O Mary, conceived without sin,
Mediatrix of all graces and mother of every soul,
let the graces we receive through your hands
be met with profound gratitude and sincere cooperation.

O Mary, conceived without sin,
Advocate for the people of God,
from the moment of the Annunciation until the end of time,
lift up our deeply wounded world to God’s merciful love.

Amen.**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.