Prayers for Depression

Please pray for Debbie who is very depressed. She is a lovely person, but has been deep in depression and has not been able to get out of it.

I ask that our Lord will give her faith in His Church and lead her to the right person who can help her in her need.

Yours in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary

Bernadette

Jesus please grant this beautiful prayer for Debbie. Please help her to find spiritual, mental and physical wholeness and peace.

Saint Dymphna Prayer

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, Saint Dymphna, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially those for whom we pray. Please keep Debbie embraced in your arms and let her know that there’s always someone near who loves her beyond all human understanding.

We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.

We ask this through Christ our Lord who suffered agony in the garden. Amen.

:signofcross:

Is Debbie able to see a doctor about antidepressants?

Clinical depression (which seems to be described here) is not a moral failure, but a physical disease that can be treated in many cases.

Praying.

I have been in that abyss and I pray that Debbie will overcome the depression by counting on the strength of the Almighy.
I Pray that the One and only One, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit may surround her with all the Angels and Saints and lift Debbie from the clutches of depression.
I pray that Jesus’ healing power may lift her from the overwhelming power of depression. Bebbie will heal and be whole again in Jesus’ Holy name.
Amen.
Please seek medical attention as God has put mankind (Doctors) in his place to heal the sick and mend the broken hearted.

Praying for Debbie …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thanks for your prayers. I have mentioned it to her many times, as my daughter is bi-polar and I am familiar with what medications can do. I told her she doesn’t have to always be on them as you can get very depressed and after taking meds for a year or so can get lifted out of the depression. I had that happen to me years ago. I pray for her and make suggestions and hope that she will take my advice.

God Bless

Bernadette

i will keep your friend in prayer and your daughter as well.

depression can be very debilitating and often people struggle with personal relationships and their faith when going through difficult times.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse, and begin to lift Debbie out of her depression. Put someone in Debbie’s life to help her find joy again, Lord. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.