Prayers for difficulty with chemo

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I had surgery in December and am very thankful that it went well and there was no sign of cancer in my lymph nodes. I healed very well, had no pain and was almost feeling normal.

However, due to the size and aggressiveness of the cancer, my doctors believe i have a high risk of reoccurrance. They have recommended that i complete four rounds of chemo. I did not want to. I know that chemo will have a negative and possible longterm impact on my health and that doing chemo does not guarantee my cancer will not come back. But i read a lot of research and decided that i would have a slightly better chance of remaining cancer free if i did it.

So i had my first treatment and then a growth hormone. I was hoping since i am a healthy younger person i would be able to get through it with minimal side effects. Unfortunately i am having every single side effect on the list and some that are not on the list. it feels like every system in my body is being destroyed. I pretty much feel like i am dying and have had terrible pain everywhere. i dont want to do anymore chemo. I fear i will be left with long term pain and nerve damage. I would like prayers for healing of my body and to help decide whether to continue this treatment.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. †

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen. † :signofcross: :blessyou:

Lord, please mercifully touch Keran with your divine, healing hand, and remedy her every affliction mercifully and as quickly as you will, whether it be physical or spiritual. Accept this soul’s intention in union with your petitioning cry during your holy Passion. Send angels to minister to her and guide her to discernment, and also to guide any medical staff working with her. Lead her through this and all matters ever toward the eternal garden of peace. Part the dark clouds of this world with heavenly light, that Keran may be emboldened and encouraged in the order of the faith. Cultivate with grace in her heart faith, hope, love, and much joy always. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

I am so sorry you are suffering so much. You have my prayers for healing and discernment regarding continuing chemotherapy.

:signofcross:

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I knew chemo would be hard. I just thought i would be able to be tough through it. It is much much harder than i expected it to be. i have an even deeper respect for others who go through this now.

Mine is the shortest treatment possible and i cannot bear it. I cannot imagine what it must be like to endure long treatments and for more difficult cancers. I am offering up my suffering for souls in purgatory and i will definitely pray for all of the many people going through cancer treatment.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal Keran. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into Keran’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Prayers said. Sorry for your difficulties. Good luck in your decision making.

:gopray2:

Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen.

Praying for all your intentions.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon Keran us and increase Your mercy in her, that in difficult moments she might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit herself to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

St. Peregrine, patron saint of cancer patients, pray for her!
St. Agatha, patron saint of breast cancer patients, pray for her!
St. Peter, who healed St. Agatha, pray for her!
St. Faustina, pray for her!

**Prayer during Chemotherapy **

May it be Your will, merciful and healing Father, to lead me on this journey in peace, to accompany me in peace, to stand by my side and to give me life, health, happiness and peace. Give me the strength to bear this cancer with dignity, and the power to endure it and be healed. Protect me from pain, sadness and despair, and from all the discomforts that are drawing near. Send skill, wisdom and understanding to my doctors and nurses, Your faithful messengers, to sow goodness and light in my body. Help the chemicals accurately do their work, rooting out disease and bringing compassion to the healthy parts of my body making room for the good to strengthen and take root.

Wrap me in goodness so that I will be strong of body and spirit, to live a good, full life. Give me the strength to traverse this difficult period with joy and faith – with a closeness to You.

Help me stay mindful of my family and friends who are walking this road with me, and who, with me, raise their eyes to You, Knower of all mysteries.

I do not understand why I have become sick, but I understand that it is Your will. Grant me the strength to receive Your will with love, and show me the way to find grace, favor, kindness and mercy in Your eyes.

Amen.

St. Agatha, pray for Keran and all who are fighting breast cancer…

You’re in my prayers, Keran.

:gopray:

Praying to St. Peregrine for your health & recovery.

Praying hard to St Peregrine for you. I had radiation treatment for prostate cancer in 2013 which left me with a bad side effect. In the past year and a half, the side effect has improved significantly but I still worry about it. Hopefully your side effects will improve with time.

I pray that you remain cancer free for the rest of your life and that your body suffers no long-term effects of the chemo you have done. I pray that God gives you wisdom in whether to proceed or stop the chemo you have left. Amen. :signofcross:

EGracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

PRAYER FOR HEALING
The Glenstal Book of Prayers

Ever faithful God, You sent into the darkness of our lives,
Your Son Jesus Christ, the light of the world. Stretch forth
Your healing hand over Keran Your servant. Give her
serenity of mind and peace of heart. Raise her up in
body, soul, and spirit and deliver her from all evil.
We make our prayer through Jesus, the Christ, our Lord.
Amen

May God the Father bless you.
May God the Son comfort you.
May God the Holy Spirit enlighten you.
Amen

And may almighty God bless you, the Father, and the Son,
and the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Thank you for all of the prayers. i have felt more like myself the past few days and am mostly just achy and tired now. I was able to go to my nephews confirmation today and it made me happy although i am now very tired!:slight_smile: i especially liked the chemotherapy prayer but all of the kind words and prayers were uplifting and comforting. For the person with side effects from prostate cancer, i will pray that your side effect continues to dissipate and that you are completely healed and whole again. thank you and bless you all!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.