Prayers for Disability decision

My Soc. Sec. disability case has been remanded by the appeals council and I will have a second hearing. The court wants further information from a Doctor whom has moved out of state and who may no longer have records for me. So, that may go against me. Also, I have been working part-time, 10-15 hrs a week for almost a year, which might also go against me. I’d like to be able to work more and have tried, but I simply can barely handle what I’m doing now. The system tends to be black and white, figuring if one can work part-time, one can work full-time. There is a HUGE difference between the two. I truly do need Disability. I wish I didn’t. I would much rather be fulfilling my aspirations, which I’ve tried to do for many years. I had to leave a very good job and was unable to return, though I could have if I were well enough. My illnesses are progressive. It’s not only work that I cannot do for many hours or days or length of time, I can’t even socialize or leave the house much due to my condition. It goes against everything I would want for my life to be dependent in this way, but I need it. I hope the judge sees it that way. I’m trying to trust God, and leave it in His hands. Please pray for His will and that he impart it to the earthly judge.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Diem,
You may want to check into that. I know something about SSD and I think it has less to do with the hours you put in and more about the money you make in a month.

(I think it’s about $1000.00/month is when they start deducting benefits)

You may want to check a bit more.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day our, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our Life, our Sweetness, and our Hope.
To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To Thee do we send up our sighs mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
Thine Eyes of Mercy toward us,
and after this our exile show us the
Blessed Fruit of thy Womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us O Holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord have mercy,
Christ have mercy,
Lord have mercy.

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
AMEN

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of they womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
AMEN

In the name of The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit AMEN

:highprayer::signofcross:

Praying for you Diem…

Thanks, Marie. I can’t make more than $1000 a month. No problem there as I’m working a simple, low paying job. I’m just concerned that it will be looked upon as the ability to sustain work, though it is not gainful, and though I can work up to 25 hrs and stay within the limit, I’m not really able to do more than 15 hrs and am not sure how much longer I will be able to do it. I worry that the judge might see it as improvement on my part that I am working after 4 yrs of not being able to. I have had improvement enough to work in a minimal capacity and am not the type to sit back and do nothing to try to improve my situation. It’s been a life long battle, which with age is getting more challenging. I’m hoping the company will work with me as far as having to leave for extended times and only working when I’m able. But that might be pushing it. In this economy, I’m fortunate to have gotten a job at all, of any kind. It is with a company I worked for in high school and college so they took me back on after 25 years. They only know about my physical limitations, but I kept the mental limitations, which are even more debilitating, to myself. I’m really not sure what I’ll do if I don’t receive the benefits. I’m already one step away from being homeless. During the 4 yrs I was unable to work, my doctors changed several times due to insurance and my records really don’t reflect what I’ve been through. Also, I live in a county where the judges are very tough, so that concerns me as well.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.