Prayers for discernment about invalid marriage about whether to seek legal divorce or not

I am separated from my husband as our marriage is invalid. The situation is very complex and for various reasons we have not filed for divorce as of yet. My husband is not Catholic and is currently agnostic. He is only willing to convalidate the marriage if relationship between the two of us improves – but it has not in over a year. Sometimes he wants to stay married and other times he says he feels like we should get a divorce. I feel the same way. Advice to me from priests, prayer warriors, and marriage counselors (not to mention family and friends) about what to do in this situation has conflicted. Advice to him has been to seek divorce, but he has not yet.

However, what Jesus wants me to do is most important – sometimes it seems like He is asking me to end the marriage, most of the times it seems that He is asking me to wait, but what I’m waiting for is unclear. I was praying and hoping for a miracle many times over the past year, but the reality seems to be that there is not a lot of love and self-giving left in the relationship and I’m wondering if the Lord is saying that it may be better for us to part. I want to do God’s will even if it hard for me and doesn’t match up to what I thought my vocation was and what my dreams and goals were for my life. Please pray for my continued discernment in this situation and also for the gift of faith for my husband. Thank you all.

I am in a situation like this as well.
You need a Catholic Man.
I am going to get separated then wait.
I will Pray for you!

✟ Dan

Praying for you-

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.:signofcross:

Lord, hear our prayers

Praying for you. I don’t know what you mean by invalid. If you mean you are not married in the eyes of the church remeber that in that case you are not really married, and you can start fresh so to speak either way. ((hug))

Praying for you and your husband …

Prayed a divine mercy chaplet for you!

Also,

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

*Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us form the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy. Amen. *

You and your husband are in my prayers. May God bless you both.

Praying that you can one day enter into a valid marriage with a good Catholic man. Praying that you keep away from invalid marriages and seek counsel about your situation from a very holy priest. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.