Prayers for friend who suffers with Schizophrenia

I have a friend of mine that suffers from schizophrenia and has to endure being part of family that is infuriatingly ignorant as to his mental illness. They basically think that the problem is all in his head and that his delusions are just an excuse for him to be lazy and do nothing with his life. :frowning:

He suffers from delusions that cause him to think that he is being controlled by the government and that causes him to close himself up in his house. The family will not help him financially and cancelled the medical insurance they were paying for him to be able to get his medicine.

I helped him get approved for social security disability but the family will not even lift a finger to take him to the social security office to finish the final process involved with his being able to receive disability benefits.

I have tried getting in contact with his parents to get their permission to take him myself to the social security office so he can get his benefits but they purposely evade my calls. I cannot for the life of me understand this family. If my friend does not appear in the social security office before April the 1st he will lose his benefits.

Please pray hard for this young man and his family. I am trying to have patience but his family sometimes makes me feel like I want to wring their necks so they can wake up to reality. God give me patience.

Thank you for your prayers.

I have a sub type of schizophrenia; well medicated.
I will pray for him!
✞ Dan

Thank you for your prayers. :slight_smile: I myself have schizo-affective disorder and met him when we were both hospitalized at the same time. I am very blessed to have great family support and am well medicated as well. My friend on the other hand does not have the support of his family.

A blessed Lent to all and God bless.

Praying for your friend …

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying that your friend gets to the Social Security Office by tomorrow. May the Lord help him to get there and protect him from losing his benefits. May the Lord grant you patience and strength to persevere. Praying that your friend’s family has a conversion/change of heart and mind, and begins to love your friend the way he needs to be loved. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard for your friend and for all those around him who can, and should, help …

Our Father, Who art in heaven …

Hail Mary, full of grace …

Petite, et dabitur vobis (“Ask and it shall be given to you”)

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

***Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen. ***

LORD Jesus
Heal Ur Son

Praying hard to St Dymphna.

Lord,

please bless and strengthen Soul’s friend and all who struggle under the cross of this brain disease. Help them, with the aid of competent medical help and supervision, to place this cross they carry “under the Blessing and not the curse”.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.