Prayers for hope and acceptance

Hello blessed prayer warriors.

Last year one of my best friends died. He didn’t have any family and we have been his family since he was 15. He left behind a little girl, who is my daughter’s best friend, and my brother’s Godchild. When our friend died, custody automatically went to the mother of the little girl. He had been estranged from the mother because very soon after the baby’s birth, she became a drug addict, left the state and didn’t come back until the daughter was almost 3 yrs old. She cleaned herself up and regained partial custody, but now that my friend is dead she has full custody.

In the last year since our friend has died, it has been difficult to see his daughter (whom we love like our own.) The mother gives indications of instablility, but there is really nothing anyone can do, because “friends” don’t have visitation rights. So, after a year of promises to let us see her. She finally brought her last week and said she was bringing her to see us because she was moving out of state. We had her for two glorious days.

The mother promised us that she woulod keep in touch with us, but as soon as she piked up the little girl, she changed her number and is gone.:frowning:

There are some concerns that the mother has developed a drug habit again, but these are rumors. But they have some basis. The state that she is going to, is the state where she lived when she was having all of those problems. And there has been issues because our friend had set up a trust fund for his little girl, with a substantial amount of money in it. It is all gone in a very short time, and now she is rush rushing to hurry and get to the state that she lived when she was a crackhead.

I am here because I, and everyone that loves that little girl, needs prayer. There is nothing we can do, and very likely it will be years before we see her again. My heart is breaking and I feel like I am losing my friend all over again. It is hard too, to see my brother so upset, he has been crying since yesterday. I HATE to see a man cry.:frowning:

I ask for prayers for us, for trust and acceptance of God’s will. For healing of our broken heart at the prospect of losing her. Prayers for the mother, that this move is not what it seems, but will be a good thing for both of them. That she will find it in her heart, and out of love for her daughter, to do the right thing by her. She has taken her from our reach and there is nothing legally we can do, but pray and hope.

I am so scared, that she has taken the little girl so that she can do what she wants. Please pray that the little girl is well taken of.

Please pray that we can live in a way that is pleasing to God although we are suffering this terrible loss. I have known her father since he was 15 yrs old, and was the “female friend” (not girlfriend) for her dad in her life those early years that the momma was gone. He was a young daddy without a mother and didn’t know what to do, so he spent a lot of time at my house with me and mine.
I know she is not my child, but I love her like she is. Please pray for everyone that is affected by this situation, especially the little girl. And my brother too … I can’t stand to see him cry.:frowning:

Praying my heart out for your intentions.

So a mother’s sins are not passed on

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen

I’m praying really hard for you Ana…

Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Divine Jesus, You have said, “Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.” Behold us kneeling at Your feet, filled with a lively faith and confidence in the promises dictated by Your Sacred Heart to Saint Margaret Mary. We come to ask this favor: please keep Your little ones safe, save them both from the traps of the evil one, oh My Jesus; please provide for them their temporal and spiritual needs, and forgive the sins of the mother, give her the grace to take care of her daughter as she should; sustain all those who care and worry for them, and please let us not pray in vain…show them what they need to do to help the mither and child; and lastly, please protect the innocence of the little girl, we humbly, desperately beg of you.

To whom can we turn if not to You, Whose Heart is the source of all graces and merits? Where should we seek if not in the treasure which contains all the riches of Your kindness and mercy? Where should we knock if not at the door through which God gives Himself to us and through which we go to God? We have recourse to You, Heart of Jesus. In You we find consolation when afflicted, protection when persecuted, strength when burdened with trials, and light in doubt and darkness.

Dear Jesus, we firmly believe that You can grant us the grace we implore, even though it should require a miracle. You have only to will it and our prayer will be granted. We admit that we are most unworthy of Your favors, but this is not a reason for us to be discouraged. You are the God of mercy, and You will not refuse a contrite heart. Cast upon us a look of mercy, we beg of You, and Your kind Heart will find in our miseries and weakness a reason for granting our prayer.

Sacred Heart, whatever may be Your decision with regard to our request, we will never stop adoring, loving, praising, and serving You. Oh my Jesus, be pleased to accept this, our act of perfect resignation to the decrees of Your adorable Heart, which we sincerely desire may be fulfilled in and by us and all Your creatures forever.

Grant us the grace for which we humbly implore You through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother. You entrusted us to her as her children, and her prayers are all-powerful with You. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Lord, please intervene in the life of this little girl and keep her safe. I pray that her mother be responsible and free from drugs. Help those who are effected by this painful separation to trust in Your love and mercy for the child and for everybody involved. Grant everybody involved a strong prayer life in union with You to keep hopeful and strong. May this little girl be reunited one day with her friends who love her so much. May this little girl be blessed to keep her sense of right and wrong and keep herself in a good relationship with You, her heavenly father. If her mother abuses her in any way by getting her into drugs or anything evil, may the little girl have someone she can depend on for assistance and be freed from the evil situation. Bless both these families involved. Grant them protection and all the graces they need to lead a good and happy life in You. Amen.

I come to You in Jesus name and give this child to You.
I’m convinced that You alone
know what is best for her. You alone know
what she needs. I release her to You
to care for and protect, and I commit myself to
pray for everything concerning her that I
can think of or that You put upon my heart.
Teach me how to pray and guide me in what to
pray about. Help me not to impose my own will
when I’m praying for her, but rather
enable me to pray that Your will be done in
her life.
Please give her mother the grace to partner with
You in raising her and give this child clear
directions from Your Word and wisdom as we pray
to You for answers.
Thank You, Lord, for the precious gift of this
child. Because Your Word says that every good
gift comes from You, I know that You have
given her to this world for your purpose. Help
her do that. Show this child places where You continue
to hang on to her and enable her to know Your protection,
guidance, and counsel. Help her not to live in fear of possible
dangers, but in the joy and peace of knowing
that You are in control. Help her to rely on You for
everything, and this day we trust this child to You
and release her into Your hands.

It’s so hard …

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Amen to all the above prayers.

Thy Kingdom come.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.