Prayers for James White

:gopray2: Please post your prayers here for James White, remembering all respect, gentleness, and Christian charity. :hug1: Thank you.

This first prayer is from Church Militant:

[LEFT]You expired, Jesus,
but the source of life gushed forth for souls,
and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world.

O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy,
envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You![/LEFT]

[quote=MarcoPolo]I’d also include that he have the strength and courage to embrace all truths even if they result in his transformation, which could be painful. I’d also include that he receive charity from those with whom he encounters.
[/quote]

[quote=jj2011]…In addition to the Chaplet, I recommend the prayers from the Divine Mercy Novena, for conversion. In the original pre-Vatican II edition, these were for the conversion of heretics and schismatics, like the Good Friday orations; now in more recent editions the traditional nomenclature has been replaced with “separated brethren.”

Catholic theologians sometimes speak of “efficacious” grace-- grace that is so powerful that it literally cannot be resisted. We should pray that Mr. White will receive such an efficacious grace.
[/quote]

jj2011 also prays that the Lord remove all bitterness from our hearts. I ask that God give us the gift of forgiveness where bitterness once was.

In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Holy Spirit, Spirit of truth, come into our hearts; give to all peoples the brightness of your light, that they may be well-pleasing to you in unity of faith. And come upon James that he might be blessed with the fruits of Your Spirit. Amen[/FONT][/FONT]

Alleluia.

Praise ye the Lord in his holy places: praise ye him in the firmament of his power.

Praise ye him for his mighty acts: praise ye him according to the multitude of his greatness.

Praise him with the sound of trumpet: praise him with psaltery and harp.

Praise him with timbrel and choir: praise him with strings and organs.

Praise him on high sounding cymbals: praise him on cymbals of joy: let every spirit praise the Lord. Alleluia. Amen (Ps 150 DRC)

I do want to post a link to the relevant part of the Divine Mercy Novena:

ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/novena.htm#5

And here is a link for the entire novena.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/novena.htm

:crossrc:

[quote=jj2011]I do want to post a link to the relevant part of the Divine Mercy Novena:
[/quote]

I thought I would post the excerpt so that folks can follow the thread prayerfully without having to go off-screen. I’ll start the entire novena some time later today and do one part each day.

:slight_smile:

**"*Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son’s Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.*Our Lord’s original words here were “heretics and schismatics,” since He spoke to Saint Faustina within the context of her times. As of the Second Vatican Council, Church authorities have seen fit not to use those designations in accordance with the explanation given in the Council’s Decree on Ecumenism (n.3). Every pope since the Council has reaffirmed that usage. Saint Faustina herself, her heart always in harmony with the mind of the Church, most certainly would have agreed. When at one time, because of the decisions of her superiors and father confessor, she was not able to execute Our Lord’s inspirations and orders, she declared: “I will follow Your will insofar as You will permit me to do so through Your representative. O my Jesus " I give priority to the voice of the Church over the voice with which You speak to me” (497). The Lord confirmed her action and praised her for it.

Will say an All Souls chaplet for him

I’ll pray a Rosary for James White.:signofcross:

I was thinking about this very thing at the vigil Mass last night. So, I will offer up yesterday’s Mass, and today’s as well.

Peace and all-good!

My prayer for the conversion of Dr. James White:

O Mary, conceived without sin,
pray for us who have recourse to you
and for all who do not have recourse to you
especially for the enemies of the Holy Church
and those recommended to you.

Ave Maria!

jpaul

Praying for James White.

:blessyou:

Okay, I was going to go to Mass this morning, but I just got stung by a bee a few minutes ago, so instead I have to wait to be sure I don’t have a bad allergic reaction.

Guess I’ll offer that up instead!

Today is the Feast Day of St Toulouse de Lautrec.

Louis’s parents were Charles II of Naples and Sicily and Mary, daughter of the King of Hungary. Louis was related to St. Louis IX on his father’s side and to Elizabeth of Hungary on his mother’s side…

When he was 14, Louis and two of his brothers were taken as hostages to the king of Aragon’s court as part of a political deal involving Louis’s father. At the court Louis was tutored by Franciscan friars under whom he made great progress both in his studies and in the spiritual life…

While he was still a hostage, Louis decided to renounce his royal title and become a priest… Very shortly after, he was appointed bishop of Toulouse, but the pope agreed to Louis’s request to become a Franciscan first…

Even as a bishop he wore the Franciscan habit and sometimes begged. He assigned a friar to offer him correction — in public if necessary — and the friar did his job…

St Toulouse de Lautrec, pray that we might receive the gifts of humility and friendship, the soil in which Christian charity flourishes. We ask this so that we may accept trustingly the correction – one of the seven works of charity – offered to us in humility and in friendship. We ask this especially for our brother James, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen

Kept in prayer…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifJMJ

The Divine Mercy Novena

First Day

**"**Today bring to Me all mankind, especially all sinners,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me."

Most Merciful Jesus, whose very nature it is to have compassion on us and to forgive us, do not look upon our sins but upon our trust which we place in Your infinite goodness. Receive us all into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart, and never let us escape from It. We beg this of You by Your love which unites You to the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon all mankind and especially upon poor sinners, all enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion show us Your mercy, that we may praise the omnipotence of Your mercy for ever and ever. Amen.

August 13, 2007
Today is the Feast day of

http://www.americancatholic.org/gfx/spacer.gif
Sts. Pontian and Hippolytus

Two men died for the faith after harsh treatment and exhaustion in the mines of Sardinia. Pontian had been pope for five years, Hippolytus an antipope for 18.

They died reconciled.

Hippolytus was a strong defender of orthodoxy, and admitted his excesses by his humble reconciliation. He was not a formal heretic, but an overzealous disciplinarian. What he could not learn in his prime as a reformer and purist, he learned in the pain and desolation of imprisonment. It was a fitting symbolic event that Pope Pontian shared his martyrdom.

Christ, like a skillful physician, understands the weakness of men. He loves to teach the ignorant and the erring he turns again to his own true way. He is easily found by those who live by faith; and to those of pure eye and holy heart, who desire to knock at the door, he opens immediately.

He does not disdain the barbarian, nor does he set the eunuch aside as no man. He does not hate the female on account of the woman’s act of disobedience in the beginning, nor does he reject the male on account of the man’s transgression.

But he seeks all, and desires to save all, wishing to make all the children of God, and calling all the saints unto one perfect man.

(Hippolytus, Treatise on Christ and Antichrist).

Sts Pontian and Hippolytus pray for us and especially for our brother James that we may be reconciled in Jesus.
Amen

Leavetaking of the Transfiguration of our Lord

Troparion - Tone 7

You were Transfigured on the Mount, O Christ God,
Revealing Your glory to Your disciples as far as they could bear it. Let Your everlasting Light shine upon us sinners!
Through the prayers of the Theotokos, O Giver of Light, glory to You!

**Kontakion - Tone 7
On the Mountain You were Transfigured, O Christ God,
And Your disciples beheld Your glory as far as they could see it;
So that when they would behold You crucified,
They would understand that Your suffering was voluntary,
And would proclaim to the world,
That You are truly the Radiance of the Father!

As the Lord has done with so many hearts, may passionate lover of Christ James White receive mercy upon mercy that will bring him to the foot of the cross, and into full communion with the entire Body of Christ. For this, we pray to the Lord.

LORD, hear our prayer.

Graciously hear us, O Lord.

Amen. Alleluia.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.