Prayers for my daughter

My daughter has been having troubles in school…she is only in grade 2. She tries so hard and wants to learn so badly but unfortunately her reading and other skills are not up to the level her teachers would like it to be. We are having her speech and hearing assessed to see if that may be part of the problem and our meeting with the assessor is this afternoon. I am incredibly stressed about this meeting as I don’t ever want my daughter to be “labelled” by others or her classmates. Please keep us in your prayers so that we may be able to help our daughter through her struggles at school without her ever being made to feel inadequate or to feel badly about herself because she is not at the same level as her peers. She knows that she struggles more than her friends and it really bothers her that she can not read as well as the others. I don’t ever want her to lose the confidence she has in herself but I slowly see it slipping away no matter how hard we try and stop that from happening. Please keep our family and our daughter in your prayers so that God may be able to help us figure out how to help her so that she will always feel confident in herself even though she struggles with her schooling. Unfortunately some kids can be so cruel and no matter how strong we try to help her to be it’s not easy as an 8 year old. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Monique

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for her. My 3rd grade grandson struggles with a similar problem and we are providing him with books on things he likes to read about and it has improved his reading skills pretty well. Good luck.

Thank you so much!
We have been trying the same thing with different books in areas that she enjoys and it definitely does help unfortunately it is a very slow progress. Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers.

Praying…

holding her in my prayers

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

:thumbsup: Your daughter is in my prayers.I was a slow learner at reading at primary school.Possibly I had a form of dyslexia (who knows)!!! I did not enjoy school very much & I felt some teachers especially some nuns singled me out & encouraged other kids to ridicule me.I went on to become a successful Cover teacher.I made a difference in the classroom.Because of my unhappy start it made me more caring and intuitive to different abilities & needs.If you want work one to one with her at home concentrate on literacy(phonics/sounds) & numeracy at basic levels.Make it fun, Mum & daughter time with “treats” of food/drink with it.Good luck I’m sure she will be fine.God Bless
Glory be to The Father
And to The Son
And to The Holy Spirit
As it was in the begining
Is now and ever shall be
World without end
Amen:)

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of loving parents. We lift up the intentions of our friend ashkate4729 on behalf of her dear daughter who is finding school to be a challenge at this time and her mother is worried about her progress and how she is compared with class mates. Dear Lord, we know that every person in your creation is exactly as you want them to be, and this dear daughter has her own set of charisms and blessings that make her perfect in Your eyes. Please bless this young one, and help her to understand the unconditional love you have for her and to find her special talents and skills that You want her to share with the world. Please also bless those who minister to her and help them to determine if there are things that can be done to help her situation like corrective lens, or hearing aids, or other types of assistance. Whether or not there is something to assist this young one, please grant her and her family a strong faith, courage, strength, and hope in You, dear Lord. Please help her to see the love you have for her and help her to realize her potential in the way You have called her.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

For your daughter

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Prayers for your daughter AND for you and those involved with her assessments as you try to discover the source of your daughter’s struggles. I have one child who struggles with reading and I know how frustrating it can be for the parent as well as the child.

May St. Thomas Aquinas, patron saint of scholars, intercede for your daughter and you.

May the Lord give you the grace and confidence to deal with the test results and guide you to find appropriate help for her.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of loving parents. We lift up the intentions of our friend ashkate4729 on behalf of her dear daughter who is finding school to be a challenge at this time and her mother is worried about her progress and how she is compared with class mates. Dear Lord, we know that every person in your creation is exactly as you want them to be, and this dear daughter has her own set of charisms and blessings that make her perfect in Your eyes. Please bless this young one, and help her to understand the unconditional love you have for her and to find her special talents and skills that You want her to share with the world. Please also bless those who minister to her and help them to determine if there are things that can be done to help her situation like corrective lens, or hearing aids, or other types of assistance. Whether or not there is something to assist this young one, please grant her and her family a strong faith, courage, strength, and hope in You, dear Lord. Please help her to see the love you have for her and help her to realize her potential in the way You have called her.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and kind words! It means so much to our family. Thank you!

Loving God,

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.