Prayers for my family after Daddy's death

My Daddy died October 7th. Since then we have had to move my Mama out of her apartment into my sister’s home, as she is supposed to move into a senior living apartment in December but the tyrant who runs the facility has already misled us once (when she promised an apartment in October that did not exist) and will not give us anything in writing. In addition my sister has been diagnosed with what looks to the doctor like bladder cancer, and she is working at a pitifully low salary and her husband who is employed in construction is about to face his winter layoff. I am trying to help financially in all these cases, plus deal with my emotional chaos and hold down two jobs.

We are not doing well emotionally although we are all staying afloat so far. Your prayers are earnestly solicited.

P.S. Is it okay for me to pray for lottery money? Would God think I am being frivolous?

Praying for you and your family, and I was praying to win one of the local store’s $10,000 for doing surveys over the phone from my receipts. :slight_smile:

I am sorry that you are going through so much at this time. Please know that people are praying for you and your family. You obviously love your family so very much. Take courage in knowing that you are doing all you can. Prayer To Know God’s Will ** God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Author of glory, grant me spiritual wisdom and revelation. Enlighten the eyes of my mind with a deep knowledge of you and your holy will. May I understand of what nature is the hope to which you call me, what is the wealth of the splendor of your inheritance among the Saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of your power toward me.**** Dealing with Loss ** God, grant me comfort in knowing that one dear to me now has an understanding of you that I cannot even imagine. Help me to deal wiht my sorrow by seeing my loss as another’s fulfillment of joy and peace. Help me be grateful for the time we shared together and to rejoice in the memories. Amen

Thank you, that is an inspiring prayer and helped me just to read it.

God is good and Daddy loved Him all his life. Before he died he told his pastor that he felt at peace and was ready… he is happy now I know.

God bless you for your prayers.

Praying for you and your family…

Appleby,
Please know that I am praying for you and your family.

Father I lift Appleby and her family to You in prayer and ask thar all their needs are met. Lord help them in their financial needs and other needs that You know that need provisions from You . Lord save and heal Appleby’s sister . Eternal rest grant to her daddy , O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him, and may he rest in peace. Amen
Praying for all your intentions , including a miraculous lottery winning ,

Our Father… Amen

APPLEBY,
My heart and prayers go out to you. You are going through an awful lot. Please know you are not alone in this. Jesus is always by your side. God love you!

**[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†

I am so sorry for the loss of your father!
You and your family will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Dear Appleby, my love and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you all. I live alone with the cat and knowing that prayers are all around me is a very present help in time of anxiety and sorrow.

God will carry me I pray until I can walk again in confidence.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying For All Your Intentions
Grandma Glor

LORD Jesus
Heal, help and Protect ur Children.

Still praying!

I have placed Daddy on the altar list for All Souls and lit a candle today that Holy Mary will intercede for us, especially for Mama as she will know what a mothers heart feels at this kind of time. I feel as if I am operating in first gear. Your prayers are helping and I thank you all.

Praying for you and your family.

God of all consolation,
in your unending love and mercy for us,
you turn the darkness of death into the dawn of new life.
Show compassion to your people in sorrow.
Be our refuge and our strength to lift us
from the darkness of this grief
to peace and joy in your presence.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.

Holy patroness of those in need, St. Rita,
so humble, pure, and patient,
whose pleadings with your Divine Spouse are irresistible,
obtain for us,
from your crucified Jesus,
our request

For Appleby’s finances to improve and for her family’s housing situations to be solved.

Be propitious towards us
for the greater glory of God and yourself,
and we promise to honor
and sing your praises ever afterward.

Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.
Amen

hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
now and for ever.
Amen

hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
now and for ever.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.