prayers for my family

I don’t know where to go or what to do anymore. I feel so alone. My husband I have had to close our business due to the economy and employee theft and have only my part time income coming in right now. He heard that he did not get another job today and is very depressed at our situation. My mother passed away just this past Saturday after a long illness and I am devastated. I took off, with much trepidation and no pay, one day for my mothers funeral because we simply could not afford for me to lose anymore pay. I consider myself a good and faithful child of God but feel so abandoned. It is ever so increasingly difficult to feed our children and we can’t pay any bills. I’ve only got one more thing of any value to sell and it is my wedding ring. My husband has already sold his so that we could have some money. I cannot go to family as no one is in any position to help. Will most likely lose our home, the only one my children have ever known. We try so hard to keep all of this stress from our children but I know they are aware that something is wrong and I just don’t know how to explain it to them. I desperately need help and most of all prayers that things will turn around. I pray everyday all day to Virgin Mary and every saint I can think of for God to have mercy on us and to help us carry this burden but I feel that my prayers go unheard. I don’t why God has challenged us in this way but I know there must be a reason for all of it. I know many will read this and feel that I am just feeling sorry for myself and that God helps those who help themselves, but I honestly don’t know what to do and am desperate.

Please send out prayers and ask God to have mercy on us and show us his everlasting love and compassion.

Lord, have mercy on dfazio, please grant this soul and all loved ones many graces and angelic help in the face of every life challenge. Shine your divine light into this darkened pilgrimage, that this soul be emboldened by the warmth of your radiance and strive for holy obedience, now, unto the eternal garden of joy. Hear these prayer intentions, cultivate in this soul the virtues of joy, faith, hope, and love. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Dear Jesus,

I humbly implore you to grant your special graces to our family. May our home be the shrine of peace, purity, love, labor and faith. I beg you, dear Jesus, to rpotect and bless all of us, absent and present, living and dead.

O Mary,

Loving Mother of Jesus, and our Mother, pray to Jesus for our family, for all the families of the world, to guard the cradle of the newborn, the schools of the young and their vocations.

Blessed Saint Joseph,

holy guardian of Jesus and Mary, assist us by your prayers in all necessities of life. Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to you, to watch over our home at the pillow of the sick and the dying, so that with Mary and with you, Heaven may find our family unbroken in the sacred Heart of Jesus.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Merciful Jesus, protect this family from despair, and fill them with good things, and the opportunities they need.
+

Hail, Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Saint Jude, Pray for us.

Your post touched my heart. I have been in a very similar situation a few years ago and so I understand the complete devastation you feel. The emotional pain actually hurts physically. I will offer a mass for your intentions tomorrow and keep you and your family in my rosary intentions today. May the Divine Lord bless you, your family and offer you a way out of this situation according to His will. Amen.

Jesus our Lord, I trust in you, and place this person’s intentions in your most sacred heart. Please grant dfazio and her family the comfort of your love, healing and inner peace as well as strength and courage.

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen.

Praying hard.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
thrust into hell satan and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Praying for you.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

I just said a prayer for you and your intention. You will be included in my rosaries. God bless you.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end
Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

My dearest Dfazio, do not weight yourself with despair. it is natural to wonder why. We are human, mere mortals. We can only see what is in front of us. The future is never certain until it becomes the present, and even then often remains inexplicable. I am so sorry for all you suffer at this time. You carry an enormously heavy cross upon your shoulders.

What I have learned, from my experiences, is that, aside from the fact that God will answer, how He goes about it is never predictable. Sometimes He says yes, sometimes He says no, sometimes He says wait a while. In your situation, it would seem God should act now. What we cannot see is that He is doing just that on our behalf; but He operates on a higher timetable, one based not on human wisdom, but mobilized by divine insight and intervention. His pledge to us is His provision for our needs. Our job in all this is to exercise faith and patience. It is hard, especially when our world seems to fall down around us. I know…but this is what He calls us to do, to walk by faith.

Dfazio, you can be assured that YES, He will supply your needs because He promises to do so. The Bible says:

The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore. (Psalm 121:5-8)

Do not stop believing this. Try your best, by His grace, not to doubt His love. He will come through for you. He will safeguard you. It seems impossible now but no situation is a loss for God: nothing is impossible with Him. "But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible’.” (Matthew 19:26)

Dfazio–and I am speaking to myself now as well–rather than worrying over if and when God will answer your prayer, begin to praise and thank Him for already doing so. Here is the heart of faith–when our trust in the Lord Jesus Christ no longer requires immediate evidence; we believe in His answer because we believe in Him. King Jehoshaphat of Judah exemplified this principle in 2 Chronicles 20:21. At that time, his army was headed into war against the Ammonites, the Moabites, and men of Mount Sheir, a battle most expected to lose. What he did was incredible: leaning on the promises of God repeated to him by a prophet, the king sent out a temple choir to march ahead of his men. They sang and praised God all the way to the battlefield, thanking God in advance for His help; and when they arrived, they found they needn’t fight at all. The opposing armies had fought among themselves and, in so doing, destroyed their ranks. There was nothing left for Judah’s army to do but carry away the spoil left behind. Indeed, there was so much plunder it took three days to collect it. Thus, what seemed like imminent defeat became a blessing, and that is the genius of God: He is never wrong, He is *never *late, and He always comes through. Whatever is lost He will return, many times over. We need only trust Him.

God will do this for you, Dfazio. No matter how large your problem appears now, in His time He will resolve it for you. Just persist to exercise faith…And meanwhile, come here as often as you need, and we will continue to pray for you. May our Lord Jesus Christ keep you strong and envelop you with His peace.

God bless you.

Merciful Jesus, remember Dfazio and her family today. Gird them with the armor of faith and courage. Draw near and hear their petitions, and answer them according to Your will. Reassure them of Your boundless love and care.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, JESUS. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

I don’t think you are simply feeling sorry for yourself- you are going through a terrible trial right now and reaching out for help is the right thing to do.

It sounds like you have prayed to every saint you can think of, so I’m assuming you have already reached out to St. Jude and St. Joseph, the two most powerful saints for desperate causes. If you have not, then I would highly recommend a novena to those two, along with a small mortification each of the nine days to add power to the prayer.

God rewards confidence, especially confidence to the point of folly. Whenever I read in the account of the saints how their order was completely out of food, or money, they would make an act of extreme confidence and fully expected God to take care of them. And He did! Whether it was putting out an empty soup pot and expecting it to be filled when they got back, or telling a God the exact amount they needed and that amount coming from a donation the next day- God seems to love it when we go out on a limb and fully expect Him to tend to our needs.

So put that idea to the test- what have you got to lose? Pray to God very briefly and simply exactly what you need and then go about the rest of the week fully expecting God to act on your behalf. Don’t let any thoughts of worry or anxiety fill your mind, any time anxiousness threatens to overcome you, push the thought away and say, “Jesus, I trust in You.” Just keep doing that until He answers your prayer.

Jesus, I trust in You!
Jesus, I trust in You!
Jesus, I trust in You!
Amen.

Thanks so much to all of you for your prayers and kind words. It helps so much to know that you have extended a kind word in all of this devastation. May God Bless all of you and I’ll keep you all in my prayers also.

God Bless!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.