Prayers for my good friend Mike - thyroid ultrasound today

My good friend Mike called me last night shortly after I found out the news about problems with my own thyroid and said: “My doctor found something on my thyroid. They’re going to do an ultrasound tomorrow. They think it may be a result of growing up {where we did}.”

I’m not entirely sure why his doctor put it that way, and I can only imagine how much it’s freaking him out. We grew up in an area that was home to 9 plutonium producing reactors (the last of which was decommissioned in 1987), several enrichment facilities, a nuclear fuel processing plant, and a still operating civil reactor, *but *the DOE has constantly assured us that the only danger to people occurred in the early days of the site in the late 1940’s when the dangers of Iodine-131 were not understood and it was vented off into the wind. We’ve all been told that our cancer risk isn’t even above that of the general population of our state.

So I hope that his doctor wasn’t doing a bit of fear-mongering. The political lines are drawn pretty deeply up there, with some people screaming CANCER every time anybody mentions the cleanup and decontamination work going on out at the site.

At any rate, my friend really needs prayers, both for his thyroid and for his troubled mind.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour
of our death.
Amen

He has my prayers

+JMJTJ+

Mike will be in my prayers for good test results.
May Christ bless him with HIs Presence and peace in this trial.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Thyroid problems can be accompanied by some depression. Maybe that why you both experience some of that?
I pray that you and Mike will be well soon. If there is a lump, we will hope and pray it is contained and taken care of easily. I’ll keep Mike in my prayers. You already are in them.
Let us know how Mike goes.

Bless you, Trishie

Will pray for your intentions.

Good news! Mike’s thyroid has a small nodule on it, but the nodule was found to be benign and should not affect his health at all. :smiley:

+JMJTJ+

Praise God!!

Well, guess I saw this thread a bit late, but will still include Mike in my prayers!

Mike is in prayers for his ultrasound tomorrow.:gopray2:

Thank God That Mike’s Ultra Sound Was Alright.
Grandma Glor

Praise God and I’m still praying for you!

Praying

Prayers promised

closed #15

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.