Prayers for My Grandmother Needed

If all of you would please pray for my grandmother it would be most appreciated by me.

Her name is Connie, she’s 81 and has recently been put on hospice for emphysema and congestive heart failure. The doctor’s are giving her 4-6 months to live. My mom is temporarily moving to Denver to be with her until she passes and to settle her estate.

Please pray that her death won’t be a painful one and that her soul will reach heaven in a timely fashion. She’s a devout Catholic and a wonderful person.

Praying for Connie.

Praying for your grandmother…

Saint Joseph, I, your unworthy child, greet you. You are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate you. You know that I have special confidence in you and that, after Jesus and Mary, I place all my hope of salvation in you, for you are especially powerful with God and will never abandon your faithful servants. Therefore I humbly invoke you and commend myself, with all who are dear to me and all that belong to me, to your intercession. I beg of you, by your love for Jesus and Mary, not to abandon me during life and to assist me at the hour of my death.

Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the Immaculate Virgin, obtain for me a pure, humble, charitable mind, and perfect resignation to the divine Will. Be my guide, my father, and my model through life that I may merit to die as you did in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

Loving Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, I raise my heart to you to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the Divine Heart of Jesus all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly the grace of a happy death, and the special grace I now implore:

Your special protection and intercession for Connie.

Guardian of the Word Incarnate, I feel confident that your prayers in my behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God. Amen.

:gopray2:

Lord, Jesus Christ, Who suffered and died for our sins that we may live, if during our life we have sinned in word, deed or thought forgive us in Your goodness and love. All our hope we put in You; protect your servant Connie from all evil. We submit to Your will and into Your hands we commend our souls and bodies. For a Christian end to our lives, peaceful, without shame and suffering, and for a good account before the awesome judgment seat of Christ, we pray to you O Lord. Bless us, be merciful to us and grant us life eternal. Amen.

:crossrc:

Praying for Grandmother, your mother, you and all her family.

Will keep your grandmother, Connie, in prayer…

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update. This past Saturday the doctor saw my grandmother, examined her and said that she probably had only 6 weeks left (instead of the initial 4-6 months). I talked to my mom a little bit ago and she was there with my grandmother so I got to talk to her too. She sounded so weak. She said two sentences in a row which made her breathing sound so labored. I quickly got off the phone with her, I didn’t want her to suffer on my account.

I’m not sure if any of you are still praying for her, but if you are, thank you so much. If you aren’t, I’m begging you to start.

Oh, I am praying…

Most Merciful Jesus, I pray that by the agony of your Sacred Heart and by the sorrows of you Immaculate Mother, you be with this woman today and ease her suffering. Jesus, have mercy on her…AMEN

Lorrie, will be praying for you, your grandmother and your entire family.

Elizabeth

Still praying, Lorrie

praying:gopray:

:gopray2: Praying.
May the Holy Family be at her bedside and bless her.
Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for her. Jesus promised great graces for the dying when someone prayed this chaplet on their behalf.

Alma

Praying for Connie. I’ll remember her when I pray for my own grandma. These grand ladies are such a blessing!

Praying for your grandmother. :gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.