Prayers for my grandmother, please

She has really been struggling with her health since my grandfather passed away in May of 2007. They were days shy of their 65th wedding anniversary when he passed and I know her broken heart troubles her as well. She is living with my mother right now but it is coming to the point that she is no longer able to care for her due to her rapidly deteriorating health. I speak with her several times a day and I can tell in her voice that she is getting weaker by the day. My mom is taking her to the doctor today and feels like he is going to want to put her in a nursing home soon. I have always been very close to my grandmother and I just want her to have peace and not hurt anymore. Please pray for her. Thanks.

Shajek it sounds like you are a special person to be speaking to your grandmother several times each day, and that you love her very much.
I ask You, Jesus, to please help this loved grandmother to find peace and refief despite her growing frailty. Please keep her and her family in Your heart.

I’ll keep her and your family in my prayers.
Warm regards, Trishie

Loving God,

Please send your comforting and loving Holy Spirit to strengthen and enable shajek74’s grandmother to live out her daily life with as much joy and hope as is possible in accordance with your divine will. She misses her husband and longs to be with him again, please give her fond memories and good company like shajek74 to share that great love and the blessed time she had with her husband. Please bless shajek74 and all who care for her grandmother and help each of them to be present and care for grandmother in a most affectionate and caring manner as she experiences a decline in her health. Please help everyone to know that Jesus has prepared a special place for his people and this will be the greatest place any of us can be when our time on this earth is at an end. Please grant peace and strength to dear Grandmother.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

I will be praying for your grandmother, that she will find comfort and peace in this life and the next. She is very lucky to have you for a grandchild.

Praying to St. Anne, Patron Saint Of Grandmothers, since she was Jesus’ Grandmother for your Grandmother.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

*Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. *
*Blessed art thou amongst women *
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
*Holy Mary, Mother of God *
*pray for us sinners now *
*and at the hour of our death. *
Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

I am praying for grandmother. I had the same thing happen to me. My grandmother died in August of this past year. I am praying for you.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Some of you say she is lucky to have me but I feel the opposite. I was/am blessed to have her. She and my grandfather took me when I was born and cared for me until I was grown and then some. There is an unconditional love that my grandmother and I share that I will truly miss when she passes. I appreciate your continued prayers.

Praying for both you and your grandmother.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for her and you! You’re both lucky to have had each other.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.