Prayers for My Husband

First off I must say thank you so much for everyone who already has prayed for other intentions that I had requested as well as this site because it has been so much help. Esp. for me who have come to a beautiful and wonderful point in my relationship with our Lord and Church. Each day I wake up and praise our Lord for calling to me to open my heart and give him myself and its has been so beautiful and I finally am finding that peace. Next week My husband and I are to have our marriage convalidated and I am so happy and feel so blessed. I have a wonderful husband who loves our children so much as well an amazing husband. When we first started dating one of the things that made me think WOW was he would go to mass before he came home from his job at 7 am and he would go to church and his relationship with God. For me although I grew up Catholic when we started dating my relationship was nothing like that for me going to church was something I had to do but wasn’t there as I am now. We ended up getting married by the justice of the peace although we went through Pre-Cana and did everything but the wedding became overwhelming (family) and we just ended up going to the Justice of the peace as the wedding was becoming more about everyone else and not us. I remember seeing that it made my husband sad that we weren’t getting married in church and throughout the years he would always mention that he really wanted to getting married in church … AGAIN for me I did not understand what this was and just put it to the side… Then 3 years ago our oldest DD passed to SIDS (if you check my other posts I had spoke about this) and from that point it was like we switched positions it was me now who was curious about the relationship w/God and Church and my husband got too “busy” to go to church as he is the major bread winner now as I have stayed home w/our children he works 2 jobs for us. He hasn’t gone to church unless it is something he has to do as our kids are in Catholic school or a major day. Although the past 4 mths my relationship with going to Church and God has changed as I never thought I could my husband hasn’t although I encourage him and discuss what I am feeling and how beautiful it is. We did go to our priest and thus is how we are getting our marriage convalidated next weekend and he is happy about it.This is where my prayer intentions come about. Please help me pray that my husband’s heart opens again opens up and he lets our Lord in that he begins once more search for our Lord to feel the love that I am feeling. He is going to Confess this Saturday I told him wouldn’t he want to have a face to face since its been more then 7 years (I had made an appt. w/ our priest ) but he said no he’ll just go to the confesional and do it. Again I don’t want to push him. So if you could please pray for him and for myself that I may cont. this amazing and wonderful journey of having our Lord in my life. Sorry I went a little long on this post thought I needed a little background. Again I thank any of you that take the time to read and pray for my Husband. (well I guess for me as well huh? lol)

-Ellie

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

:gopray2:

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of thoughtful and loving spouses.

We lift up the intentions of our friend EAugustin on behalf of her husband and her marriage. Lord, your son Jesus is a full participant in every marriage and we ask that our Lord is present to EAugustin and her husband, that they may grow in faith and hope in You. Please bless EAugustin and her husband, please have mercy on them, and please help them to experience the growth in love for one another, for your Holy Church, and for Your Holy Trinity as they continue the journey of life and live out the plan You have for them. Please also bless the family and help them to support their parents and to grow in faith, charity, and love for You and Your people.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Amen.

praying

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please increase the faith of this man. Keep him free of the sin of despair, Lord, which he seems to be slipping into, perhaps, and fill him wth Your Holy Spirit. Give his wife a sense of patience and gentleness with him during his time of trouble. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Ellie, God bless you for your gratitude to Him!
And I thank Him for His graces for you and your family!
I thank God that your husband has the courage and grace to confess,
and that your marriage is to be convalidated.
Jesus please carry Ellie’s husband into the river of graces you have been giving Ellie and her husband.

Thy Kingdom come.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of thoughtful and loving spouses.

We lift up the intentions of our friend EAugustin on behalf of her husband and her marriage. Lord, your son Jesus is a full participant in every marriage and we ask that our Lord is present to EAugustin and her husband, that they may grow in faith and hope in You. Please bless EAugustin and her husband, please have mercy on them, and please help them to experience the growth in love for one another, for your Holy Church, and for Your Holy Trinity as they continue the journey of life and live out the plan You have for them. Please also bless the family and help them to support their parents and to grow in faith, charity, and love for You and Your people.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Loving God,

Amen.

Ellie, God bless you for your gratitude to Him!
And I thank Him for His graces for you and your family!
I thank God that your husband has the courage and grace to confess,
and that your marriage is to be convalidated.
Jesus please carry Ellie’s husband into the river of graces you have been giving Ellie and her husband.

Thy Kingdom come.

For Ellie and her husband

Thy Kingdom come.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.