Prayers for my job situation

Please pray for me. I am currently employed and I have 2 choices. Work ridiculous amounts of overtime or find another job. It appears that even if I do work all this overtime, I will still be let go (the writting is on the wall).

However, I believe the issue goes deeper than that. I ahve often been the victim of recessions, corporate buyouts and down sizing. The last time I lost my job, I found out none of my friends were worth having. Always asking about the carreer hunt only to see the twinkle in their eye when I would have to answer I still was not working.

I am really wondering exactly what God is trying to teach ell me in all this. I have a good education and for my qualifications I am under employed. I suspect I bring my low self-esteem to work and God is trying to tell me to grow emotionally and work on my character and then my career will take off with flying colours.

Please pray that I hear exactly what it is God is trying to teach me and for me to know why every time he wants me to pay attention, I suffer in my career

CM

I’m praying for you and for God to help you with everything you’re going through in order to find where you should be…

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

:signofcross:

Our father who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not onto temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.