Prayers for my little brother

Hi everyone,

May I request prayers for my little brother? I just found out that he has not been going to Mass; although he pretends to leave the house on Sunday so my parents would not be alarmed. He has been doing this for a while now I am guessing. I feel very sad because he is very close to me. I know it is a matter of time before he leaves the faith because he is dwelling in sin and disagrees with many of the church’s teachings on sins. The only thing I have left are prayers for him.

Cries…
Ben

Ben,

Your little brother will be prayed for everyday by me at my Masses, at my adorations and in my rosaries. I pray that he has a real experience with Jesus that brings him back. Please trust that our persistent prayers are very powerful and effective. It may take years and even a death-bed experience for a conversion to occur, but our prayers do allow for conversions for those we love and pray for. Be assured, your brother is in my prayers. Peace and God bless!

Yours in Christ,
ready

Thank you Ready,

Your words and prayers are reassuring. I have to remember that St. Monica prayed for most of her life for the conversion of her son St. Augustine.

Warmest regards,
Ben

Ben,

You are not alone. My younger brother (my only sibling) stopped going to Mass just after he was confirmed his sophomore year of high school. Now he’s a senior in high school. He’s fallen into a life of sin. I will keep your brother in my prayers!

St. Monica, pray for us (especially our brothers).

I will gladly pray for your younger brother. I’m wondering if this is just a “phase” that he is going through. I know of other kids who did the same thing, but then they came back to the church. Don’t give up hope. I will include him in my rosaries and prayers daily.

Blessings,

Judi

I will pray for your brother.

Praying hard.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I will be entering a seminary or a monastery soon; so it is disheartening for me to go out and preach or pray the Word of God while my own house is a heap of ruin. This is one reason I’m a little bit sad; I can’t even help my brother, who can I help? But I trust in the Lord, if He calls, I will answer. I trust the Lord will take care of my own brother better than I can.

May the Good Lord hear and answer all of your prayers as well. May His Kingdom come and may His Will be done.

God bless!

Warmest regards,
Ben

Ben, that’s why he has been targeted, to discourage you, so please don’t let that happen.
Even St Pio couldn’t change what his sister did wrong, even his sister who was a nun but disobeyed her superiors.
God will use your prayer for your brother, acute, intense, and even anguished at times, also for others who are in need of prayer but have no one to pray for their return to the faith.
My dear brother returned to the faith and the Sacraments a month before his sudden accidental death.
I know how you feel but his loss of faith doesn’t relflect on your value as an apostle, any more than Judas’ defection, or Peter’s denial, reflected on Jesus.
God bless you, Ben

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you Trishie for your words of wisdom and everyone else for your prayers.

God bless you.

Warmest regards,
Ben

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.