Prayers for my marriage

Please pray for my marriage.

My husband recently told me that something that I have been doing for the past 2-3 years has caused him to slowly come to resent me. Should I have realized what I was doing? Yes, but I didn’t. Now it may be too late as he has told me he doesn’t know if he can allow me back in (he doesn’t trust me to not hurt him again). I desperately want to make our marriage work and make him happy and I know I can. If I had realized what I was doing and how it was hurting him I would have changed my actions. Unfortunately he bottled his anger and resentment up until it got to the breaking point.

Please pray that he will allow me back in enough to make this better.

Dear Sasha, I ask God to help you forgive him that he did you the injustice of not respectfully telling you of something he resented and that has threatened your marriage. I ask God to help him realise and repent that he acted unfairly.

If there is any culpability in anything you did, may God give you forgiveness and I ask God to put that forgiveness in your husband’s heart. May God give you both wisdom and strength.

God grant you both to work on your marriage skills of honest and respectful communication. May He help you both in the decisions and course that will save your marriage and help it to be healthy, strong, and loving.

God bless, comfort and heal you both…Trishie

+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Amen, Trishie!

Eternal God, you are God revealed to us in the mystery of the Trinity. In a sense, as God, you are a family. You only exist because of the Love that binds you in the family of Father, Son and Holy Spirit…a family which can never seperate.

May Sasha’s husband realize the love that brought them together to be one as a family is only a glimmer of Your Love. Fill his heart with Your Love to recognize where he has failed to play his part in this marriage. Help him to realize that matrimony is a gift from you and not something to sever.

Allow his heart to open enough to communicate better and to let Sasha back in so she can learn what it even was that caused him to resent her and so they can learn from each other so as to grow in their love and in Your Love. Help him to realize that marriage is organic and relies on each part to make it function properly.
+

Will pray for you Sasha…

Lord, please grant us the strength to hold on to our marriages. Let our unions be strong and faithful, and remind us of our joy in the redemption of your humble sacrifice.

All glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be: world without end. Amen.

Praying:gopray:

My prayers are being offered up for the two of you.

Prayers spromised

Praying for you both.

God bless

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.