Prayers for my mind

I ask that you pray for me to be able to ignore or at least not panic about and dwell on the intrusive thoughts that bother me every day.
I also just feel so, so frustrated right now with these thoughts because sometimes I feel like I can’t tell if it’s me or an intrusive thought.
I also ask for prayers that my trust and love for God will be ever increasing.

Thank you :heart:

Prayer for Peace of Mind

Fortify me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit,
and give Your peace to my soul
that I may be free from all needless anxiety,
solicitude, and worry. Help me to desire always
that which is pleasing and acceptable
to You so that Your will may be my will.
Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

– St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

Prayer of St. Dymphna

Lord, our God, You graciously chose St. Dymphna as
patroness of those afflicted with mental, emotional, and
nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol
of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure,
youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering
such trials –– especially @Footprints, for whom we pray.

We beg You, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna
on Footprint’s behalf. Grant those for whom we pray patience
in their sufferings and resignation to Your divine will.
Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and
cure they so desire. We ask this through Christ our Lord,
who suffered agony in the garden. Amen.

Prayer for the Help of the Holy Spirit

O God, send forth Your Holy Spirit into my heart that
I may perceive into my mind, that I may remember, and
into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak
with piety, holiness, tenderness, and mercy. Teach, guide,
and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end.
May Your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be
strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake
of Your infinite mercy. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.
– St. Anthony of Padua

Try seeking a counsellor…

Dear Footprints,
Have you gone for psychiatric help? There is a sound machine, they sell w a flashing light,to help insomniacs. As the light flashes, you breathe w the light. The light slows down and you follow…
Watching the light, settles your nerves &you fall asleep. During the day, play Christian music! GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF FEAR BUT OF A SOUND MIND. This Spiritual life can take awhile. It depends on surrender and obedience. May you grow in wisdom, Love, obedience, trust & compassion.
In Jesus name

Praying for you.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon Footprints in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Lord please help this person focus on the good and not worry about the small things in life. Please allow their mind to be clear and clean in your name, Jesus amen!

I go to a psychologist every few weeks. These thoughts are more recent though so I’ve only been able to talk with her once or twice about them.
I don’t have trouble falling asleep, in fact, sleep is one of my favorite times because I don’t have to worry about things :frowning:

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

prayed for your intentions on a decade of my daily divine mercy chaplet

Thank you! @upant

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.

To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Today’s been another rough day. Most of this afternoon, I’ve felt really frustrated as my mind keeps turning to these thoughts. I constantly tell myself to ignore them but some days they just seem worse. It seems like it’s at the point where my mind has gotten conditioned to hearing these thoughts and to me trying to ignore them and now I’m having a hard time telling if it’s me thinking them on purpose or if they’re still intrusive. I KNOW I don’t want to think them but I think the Devil is trying to get me to think I want those thoughts.

Jesus, I trust in You! Please help me.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death, Amen

Dear Footprints,

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.

– St. Teresa of Avila

Think about this prayer! Are we never to feel sad or cry or worry? As humans, we will most times. But, must we? Where has emotion ever solved a problem? This prayer, shows the posture of God. He never worries. He knows! We might not grasp the meaning oroutcome of a situation happening right now. BUT, He knows.
Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Should we then, think “IT WILL BE ALL RIGHT ( according to God’s plan)!
To shut out thoughts, play Christian music. As you memories lyrics over time, they will become your thoughts.
Others have posted prayers for you.Pray them. Google scripture verses for troubling thoughts, depression. Write them down in a note book. Refer to them as needed.
Some of us need medication. Do go see a counselor. Our body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit. We are to take care of it.
Ephesians 3: 14-21
In Christ’s love
Tweedlealice

Hi
Just read this. A counselor can not prescribe medication. She should refer you to s psychiatrist. We have chemical imbalances that need fine tuning. We should stay busy w life. Don’t go to movies. Don’t listen to worldly radio stations. Listen to Christian programs and songs. That helps limit your thoughts to good things. Good conquers evil…
As a Christian, I couldn’t understand why God and I couldn’t pull me out of it. It’s a human thing. We must take care of our bodies. I needed a pill…
God loves you
Be well
Tweedlealice

for mental tranquility…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Amen…

Prayers for you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.