Prayers for my mother.

Hello CAF.
I know that I am reasonably new here, and that I just posted a prayer request thread not but a few days ago, howeveer, I am in dire need of prayers for my mother. She is diabetic, and that disease has wreaked havoc on her system. She is on dialysis with 8 percent kidney function. Last February, she was diagnosed with a blood infection that put her in a coma for twelve days.

I was sitting in the surgical waiting room, literally typing out my prayer request thread for my father in law when I received a phone call that my mother was being taken to the ER due to similar symptoms of when she had that prior blood infection. She has been in the hospital for a few days now, and she tested positive for that infection. She needs to undergo surgery to fix this infection, and I am terrified of the outcome due to how frial her system is. I therefor humbly ask for prayers for her, that she come through this according to God’s will.

I also, if possible, ask for prayers for myself. My mother knows I am a theology major, and she is asking me for help. Always, I’ve directed her to seek the sacraments, and to know deep in her heart that even though such suffering does not please God, it is precious to Him as his Son went through that. I am terrified that I will lead her down the wrong path.

So I thank you for the prayers, and sincerely pray that God bless you all.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you and your mother:gopray2:

John 4:50-53

God Bless! you always:heart:

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death

Amen

Jesus You so dearly love Your Mother that when she requested Your help to same the hosts of the wedding feast of Cana from public embarrassment, even though You protested that it wasn’t yet time for signs and miracles You compiled to her request for a miracle. [John 2:1-11]

And as You hung dying on the cross in extreme agony, Your love for her led You to ask John to care for her after You died as if she is his own Mother.

In Your love for Your Mother please be deeply compassionate towards this son’s love for his mother. Along with You he must say to the Father, “Not my will but Your will be done”, yet still we humbly ask that You will aid his mother in every way possible under divine will,
and also to grant his prayer for direction in guiding his mother through whatever she faces physically and spiritually.

Please send Your Holy Spirit to mother and son that all will be as Your merciful love desires.

Lord Jesus Christ,

You bore our suffering and carried our sorrows,
in order to show us clearly,
the value of human weakness and patience,
graciously hear our prayers for the sick,
especially Paladin's mother,
who is suffering blood infection from kidney dialysis.
may she find the strength through your grace,
to endure this bodily ailment.
Grant that her doctors and caregivers,
will be guided by the light of your wisdom,
heal her and may she get better,
if it is in your will.
Grant that her family members who are weighed down by sorrows,
may realize that they are among the chosen ones,
whom you call blessed.
Help them to unite themselves with your sufferings.

Amen.

Of course, prayers for your mother and for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen***

Remembering you and your mother in my daily prayers. God bless!

My mother and I greatly appreciate all of the prayers which have been offered here. She is still in the hospital as they try to discover the source of the blood infection which has been plaguing her. Sadly, there have been further complications as they have discovered a black spot on hre lung which they fear to possibly be malignant. Thank you all once again for your prayers.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.