Prayers for my Mum and Dad

OK, this is hard for me as I’m a proud person and hate asking for help. But today I received a phonecall from my sister who had just taken my Mum to hospital for a scan. My Mum has been diagnosed with cancer that has absolutely riddled her. It has saturated her liver, spread to her kidneys and is now in the vertebrae of her spine. It is inoperable and will not respond to radiotherapy. The doctors have given her six months to live at the outside. The bit that makes me angry is that she has known something is wrong for nearly two years (that pride I mentioned before must run through my family) and she has said nothing until today. The added hassle is that my Dad is advancing in deteriorating Alzheimer’s Disease and we have to find a Home for him. Mum would like to do this before she passes.

Please pray for the easy passing of my Mum and that I and my siblings have the strength to deal with the situation.

Thankyou in advance for your prayers and thoughts.

Hello jakobsprenger,

It sounds as if it’s going to be a tough year for you. I’m going to pray the chaplet of Divine Mercy for you and your family members. Let us know how things go.

Jakob, if you have pride as you say, then you have the humility to admit it.
I’m very saddened by your news. I don’t even really know what to say. But I ask God to keep you and your siblings, and your Mum and Dad in all my prayers and Masses from now on. I tend to go to Mass each day so I just have to hope and pray God helps me to pray the best I can manage for you all.
I guess with your Dad so ill, your Mum couldn’t face that she might be ill because she felt she should be there to help. It’s such a pity. My Mum too died when she needn’t, if she’d made the advisable choice so I kind of know why how you might feel cheated.

I am sorry to hear your news, I will remember you all in my prayers and I will ask God to watch over you all.

I’m so sorry. Your dear mother and father as well as you and your other family members are in my prayers.

Praying for your Mum and Dad and your family.

Praying for you and your family…

Lord Father of Love and Mercy hold this dear family close to your Sacred Heart. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls”
“My Jesus, pardon and mercy, by the merits of Thy Holy Wounds”

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

prayers for all…

kate

:grouphug: my prayers for you and your family, especially to St Peregrine, patron of cancer sufferers. And I’ll offer the next mass I attend for your intentions as well.

Thankyou all so much, from the bottom of my heart… I don’t really know what else to say…

My prayers are with you and your family. I have had at least two members of my family, both female, die from cancer; it’s a real threat on my father’s side of the family, but I will pray that the Lord will remain with you and your parents, as well as the rest of your family.

Praying very hard for your family!

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Continued prayers …

:gopray:

Prayers for your mom and dad and family. Know that your mom is covered in my Novena to St. Peregrine for Patrick Swayze and all cancer sufferers. As well as your dad in my Novena to St. Dymphna.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.*

May God give you and your family the strength to cope with what lies ahead. Your mum dad you and your family are in my prayers. God bless

Continued prayers :highprayer:

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Children

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.