Prayers for my Parish, changes are upon us

The merger is finally upon us :hushed:. Our priest is soon going to be responsible for saying mass at 2 sites which means a reduction in masses at both churches.

The car park hasn’t gotten any bigger :disappointed_relieved: and we are all having a vote on what masses should stay and go. I’m guessing most of us will just vote for the mass we usually attend. It’s just a consultation and obviously the priests will have a final say, I don’t envy them, there isn’t a decision that will please everyone.

Please pray for us. I think they were hoping to delay until next year but it’s all happening very quickly.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

If you’re in the UK I can tell you that we had the same thing. Our priest going from two churches and a chaplaincy to three churches and a chaplaincy. Masses aren’t too bad but pastoral care has diminished greatly.
The shortage of priests is blamed. I pray for more priests.

I’m in the US and we had the same thing also … prayers for you and your Church.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Father please guide these men to where you would like them. May all of their followers find salvation in the paths chosen. In your name, Jesus amen!

I appreciate all the prayers. What’s sad is that there are reasonable sized congregations at each church.

Praying for your intention.

Philippians 4:6-7 : Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death, Amen.

I wonder if this poster suggested UK, because of original poster’s reference to “car park”. Is that what a parking lot is called in the UK?

In any event my American diocese has merged dozens of parishes, and “linked” dozens more, so now share a pastor.
Sometimes in a merged parish one totally disappears, some times it remains a “worship site” with some Masses, on a weekend. In linked parishes, sometimes it is only the pastor they have in common, sometimes there is only one parish staff remaining, for both.
I definitely will pray for you and your parish.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Yes, car park is British English for parking lot. There aren’t as many of them in the UK. My church is on a road of Victorian terraces with no off road parking and only a small car park. Many British churches simply weren’t built with large numbers of parishioners needing to commute in mind.

Yes, a parking lot is normally called a car park. The term parking lot is used sometimes though. There are some interesting differences, another is sidewalk, our word is pavement. Interesting yes? Do you have roundabouts? Probably a silly question.

Praying for your parishes and priest during this time of transition.

There is a mini roundabout in the entrance a parking lot in Yosemite. Don’t know of any others

You know they work very well! In the UK they’re everywhere and do help traffic flow considerably, and as far as I know there are very few accidents as long as speed is kept at a sensible level. Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.