Prayers for my soldiers

Hi all…I was just wondering if you would mind keeping my brother, brother in law, and close friend in your prayers.
My brother, who I have looked up to all my life and just adore, has been in the Marines since '98. He has been on several mediteranean trips and was in Afghanistan for 7 months. He is scheduled to be out, finally, in June 2006. We thought he would stay put but he is being sent to Okinawa for a year. He hasn’t been away for that long in quite awhile and now I am overcome with worry for his safety. My Dad says, at least it isn’t Iraq, which is very true, but bad stuff can happen anywhere…I’m scared.
We have heard recently that my brother in law, who is currently in the Air Force stationed in Nevada, may be sent to Iraq.
A close friend of mind that I’ve known since I was five years old joined the Army and she is now in boot camp.
I hate this stuff. I can’t watch the news because everything scares me. :frowning:
Please keep them in your prayers. Thanks so much. God Bless…
–Celia

As an Army wife, I understand you concerns. I will keep all the deployed military in our prayers. Our parish regularly includes them in the prayers at mass :slight_smile:

Just remember that technology has made ‘bad’ things seem worse because of the instant notification - That is news. Good things are happening all over. Soldiers have personally created libraries, organized school supply drives, Operation SoccerDrop (where they literally love to watch the kids run for the soccer balls dropped from helicopters!), etc. And that is only what the soldiers themselves are doing. Good news isn’t very ‘newsworthy’ and doesn’t get much presstime.

I found a website, the Rosary Army, that you can learn to make twine Rosaries to donate to people. If you’d like make some and send them over to your relatives :). Faith combined with action! It will lift your spirits and theirs.

They are all definitely in my prayers as well.

One thing I can say about Okinawa, supposedly that’s a pretty safe place, There is a nice Air Force base there, and many military familes are stationed there. I’m not sure what the deployment rate is, but the base itself is pretty safe.

Before my husband joined the military, I, like you, had the same fears and such about our military troops. But now that I’m surrouded by the airmen everyday, I am more proud than anything. Of course I hate to hear bad news, but there is SO much you don’t hear about, all the good things being done. Please pray for their safety, but also pray for God to give them the strength to help others and to do their jobs.

As a retired Soldier, thank you. It helps us keep going knowing loved ones care for us. Please hand write a latter to each one telling them how proud you are and how much you care.

Just remember, they are scared too but they have a job to do.

Keeping your family and frinend in prayer.

Prayer for the Army
Lord God of hosts, stretch forth, we pray, your almighty arm to strengthen and protect the soldiers of our country. Support them in the day of battle, and in the time to test and training keep them safe from all evil. Endow them with courage and loyalty; and grant that in all things they may serve without reproach; throug Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Marine Corps
Eternal Father, we commend to your protection and care the members of the Marine Corps. Guide and direct them in the defense of our country and in the maintenance of justice among the nations. Sustain them in the hour of danger. Grant that wherever they serve they may be loyal to their high traditions, and that at all times they may put their trust in you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Navy
Eternal Lord God, you alone spread out the heavens and rule the raging sea. Take into your most gracious protection our country’s Navy and all who serve therein. Preserve them from the dangers of the sea and grom the violence of the enemy, that they may be a safeguard unto the [state the name of the country e.g. United States of America, and a security for such as sail upon the seas in peaceful and lawful missions. In serving you, O Lord, may our sailors serve their country; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

**Prayer for the Air Force
Lord God of hosts, you stretch out the heavens like a curtain. Watch over and protect, we pray, the airmen of our country as they fly upon their appointed tasks. Give them courage as they face the foe, and skill in the performance of their duty. Sustain them with your everlasting arms. May your hand lead them, and your right hand hold them us, that they may return to the earth with a grateful sense of your mercy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Coast Guard
Lord our God, who stilled the raging of the seas by your word of power; watch over, we pray you, the men and women of the Coast Guard as they sail upon their missions of vigilant aid. Grant them courage and skill and a safe return. Fill them with a grateful sens of your mercy toward them; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Reference:
ARMED WITH FAITH
A Catholic Handbook for Military Personnel
Third Edition

Edited by
Reverend Daniel R. Sweeney, S.J.

Chaplain, Captain, U.S. Air Force Reserve

Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus and distributed in collaboration with the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA

Note: Prayer for the Navy; left the country for the person of that origin, since the original is for the United States of America.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Lord, I offer up to you Celia’s brother, brother-in-law, and close friend. Please bless and protect them and draw them ever so close to Your Sacred Heart. Help them to keep faithfully in a state of grace. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.