Prayers for my son--assault charge

Since the divorce my son has had improper guidance. His father stays in the South and won’t help him. We stay in the NE. He lives with my mother and father, I live alone.

My mother got him away from substance abuse but now she doesn’t know how to guide him. She is quite old and not really competent. My father had a stroke and his not really competent either.

My son is, like his father, a character. He also has a very sweet side. But he is immature and not ready to take on independent living even though he is an adult.

Now, he has an assault charge and a restraining order against him for getting involved with the wrong girl. He also has a DUI charge. He has also totaled two cars in the last month, the second time it was a snow accident.

His father doesn’t help him. I have no resources and have been so ill and out of control myself that he was left abandoned for most of a year. Dealing with my mother and father is frustrating. I can understand that they are concerned over the cost of helping him as well as the interference with their old age. But they are very controlling toward me to and the situation is impossible for both me and my son.

I almost think it would be better for him to go to jail where he could get some guidance. Maybe he would meet a priest he could talk to. Maybe he would get a social worker and some help with getting into independent housing and getting a job.

No idea what to do for him.

Please help him with your prayers. His hearing on the assault charge is tomorrow. I won’t even be there. My mother has taken total control and gives me disinformation.

Praying for your son as well as you & the family.

Praying…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular mouse333, and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.