Prayers for My Son (Drugs)

Please pray for my 21 year-old son, Spencer. He has come to us and told us that he has been doing heroin for over a year and needs help to stop. It has nearly broken my heart. He had used it previously, quit on his own and then after 5-6 months being clean, coincidentally ran into a person he used to buy from and was right back on it without our knowledge.

While the whole situation is both heart-breaking and scarier than anything I’ve ever had to face, at the same time, I know that God is here. I had suspicions that he was back on it but didn’t know what to do or if I was right. They are very good at hiding it or maybe I was just blind and scared to face it.

At any rate, my husband prayed about it for us to know for sure if he was back on it. This was Saturday. Sunday we let him take our van (supposedly to a friend’s house). It broke down in a part of town that you would go to for no other reason than drugs. That day I begged him to tell me what he was doing but he wouldn’t say. Thank God Spencer finally broke down Monday and admitted it to us that he is addicted. I know God broke my van so we could know the truth and get him help! :slight_smile:

He is now two days into getting off of it here at home and suffering withdrawal although not as bad as I would have anticipated, once again, Thank God. He has an appointment Saturday for evaluation and referral to get professional help. We has no insurance so I’m hoping to get help through the County.

My husband and my son are just my entire life. I spent ten years as a single Mom and Spencer and I are soooo close. When he hurts, I hurt. Please pray for his recovery and for my husband and I to make the best, wise decisions and know the best way to help him. He is a good kid who made a bad/dangerous decision. This is a whole thing we know nothing about but we’re learning quickly.

Thank you so much.

Amie

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amie, I thank God that you have such a good husband by your side to support.

I implore You, our God, to ensure that Amie’s son won’t just give up drugs because he’s been found out and because his mother and step-Dad are distressed…that won’t last.

Please inspire Spencer to genuinely and whole-heartedly desire and work to give up drugs, and any associations with drug-takers or peddlers.
please give him that wisdom and strength,
and peace to his parents

Lord Jesus,You said,
"I have come to set the captives free."
We are captive and need Your healing touch.
Free Spencer, Lord, from his addictions,
so that he will be:
…free from the cares and worries that stifle his happiness;
…free from sins that cling to him, and to which he clings;
…free from all compulsive behavior
that prevents him from becoming what You, Lord,
have planned for him.
Bring Spencer, loving Savior,
to the experience of abundantlife
which You promised.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God
pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear Father in Heaven please help Spencer overcome his heroin addiction and help his loving mother and dad assist him. Grant his recovery by whatever means but please instil in him an overwhelming desire to beat his addiction for good. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art though amongst women
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the time of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for getting help for Spencer. I pray that through prayer and good professional help he will be able to break out of his addiction. I hear the only way to break out of addictions is through a relationship with you. May Spencer deepen his relationship with you and never want to lose this relationship. May he always receive support from you and loved ones and never return to that bad habit again. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thanks so much for all your prayers. Please keep them coming.

Spencer spoke with the manager at the restaurant where he works yesterday and it sounds as if there may be some help to be had through them in the form of an employee assistance program.

They have invited the three of us to come in today for a free lunch and to meet with his manager and to get the information we need for contacting someone. They were worried sick because we changed Spencer’s cell phone number so the drug dealer’s couldn’t keep calling him and then the manager wasn’t able to reach him and didn’t have our home number. I am so touched by their kindness.

Spencer is even willing to go into a 30 day treatment center if necessary which reflects a change of heart from previously. We are just proceeding one small step at a time.

Amie

LORD Jesus
Guide ur Son

Amie, please know that I am praying for your family.

PRaying for your son’s healing and recovery

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Amie, I thank God that you have such a good husband by your side to support.

I implore You, our God, to ensure that Amie’s son won’t just give up drugs because he’s been found out and because his mother and step-Dad are distressed…that won’t last.

Please inspire Spencer to genuinely and whole-heartedly desire and work to give up drugs, and any associations with drug-takers or peddlers.
and peace to his parents

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself. Amen

and peace to his parents.

Amie, I thank God for this opportunity. What a wonderful manager!
Lord we continue to ask Your powerful and ongoing help for Spencer’s complete healing.

For your son, and for you and your husband. May God grant you peace and a strong and positive future together.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

:gopray:

Father please grant that Spencer will not use drugs again.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for Spencer. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.