Prayers for my son

Please pray for my son Trav. He is going through a very deep depression, and he is very worried about his well-being. Please pray that God will take his burdens and worries, and give him the strength and patience to get through this terrible illness. He is trying, and do the things he needs to do, but this has a very intense hold on him and we are very, very concerned.

Thank you for your prayers.

Bruce

:signofcross:
Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Lord, I pray that Trav can find a good, holy priest to be his spiritual director to help him grow spiritually and to help him place all his confidence in you. Only you, Lord, can deliver Trav from his pain and suffering. Only you have that power. I pray you will work through a good, holy priest to help Trav develop his spiritual life into one better able to support him through these dark times of life. Please grant Trav hope, strength, and patience in his circumstances and help him to unite his sufferings to your Son’s. May he then offer them up for the salvation of his soul and for the salvation of all souls. He will be meriting so much for himself and for souls and will be transforming his suffering into redemptive value/merit - and his suffering will take on some meaning. Some of the saints like St. Catherine of Genoa suffered from depression and was freed from it. Please help Trav to live through these painful, lonely times with hope for better times. May he develop a great love for you in the Eucharist and get many graces at the Mass when he hears your Word and consumes you in the Eucharist. May he* live* for you. Bless him and turn this painful experience into a blessing for him. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my payer. Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Thank for the wonderful prayers, may your own intentions be heard by the Lord and all of your prayers answered for you and yours.

Trav is in college about an hour away. It is so hard because of his age and distance to try and help. I trust in the Lord, and ask for God to please flood Trav and all who hurt with the graces, blessings, mercy, and strength that they need.

Blessings

Bruce

I feel sad for you all Bruce. I’ts very hard when family members suffer from depression. I know things haven’t been easy for you all for a long time.
I ask You Jesus for Your healing and blessing in the mental, emotional, educational, and employment needs of Bruce and his family.

Praying for Trav …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Bruce, please know that I am praying for your son, Trav and the intentions you posted.

Praying hard to St. Dymphna for Trav.

Jesus please reveal and bring about what is needed to get to the basis of Trav’s depression, and to effectively counteract it.
Please help Trav to work proactively with his brain and emotions to retrain his mind to more positive and fruitful attitudes and emotions.

Please help Bruce and his family with their employment and security difficulties.

Thanks again for the prayers. Today is a particulary bad day for him. I have been doing everything I can to pray for him and direct him to Jesus and Mary. He says he is trying to pray, but loses focus and gets discouraged. I KNOW that Jesus can get him through this, but he is not able to feel His presence in his prayers. Please pray for Trav.

Thanks to all of your for your prayers. 2009 has been a really, really bad year for me and my family. However, when Trav started suffering from this deep sadness a few weeks ago, I just “knew” that God wanted me to be in a position to help him, and that all the suffering and pain I have been experiencing this year was at least in part, to prepare me to be a stronger, better father to Trav. Does that sound strange? I just have had this feeling that for me to help others, even my son, I needed to go through some real sad, dark valleys so that I was closer to God and could help him find the strength that God has given me.

God bless each of you, and may your prayers be answered.

Thank you

Bruce

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today on behalf of Trav and ask for your mercy, strength, and courage for him as he deals with depression and the challenges of this time in his life. Please help Trav to know your love for him O Lord, and also the love and concern that his family has for him. Lord, it is very disconcerting for a parent to have a child in this situation as there is very little one can do but pray, give consolation and medical support, pray, and love the child to best of our abilities. Please grant Bruce and his family the wisdom to say the things Trav needs to hear when he needs to hear them, and send competent medical and spiritual guidance into Trav’s life to help him through this time. Lord, we know you love Trav and want what is best for him, please help him to feel the love and to find the path you have chosen especially for him.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, our Lord and Savior who can heal all things in our human frailty, and who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Praying to give you strength for your son Trav…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today on behalf of Trav and ask for your mercy, strength, and courage for him as he deals with depression and the challenges of this time in his life. Please help Trav to know your love for him O Lord, and also the love and concern that his family has for him. Lord, it is very disconcerting for a parent to have a child in this situation as there is very little one can do but pray, give consolation and medical support, pray, and love the child to best of our abilities. Please grant Bruce and his family the wisdom to say the things Trav needs to hear when he needs to hear them, and send competent medical and spiritual guidance into Trav’s life to help him through this time. Lord, we know you love Trav and want what is best for him, please help him to feel the love and to find the path you have chosen especially for him.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, our Lord and Savior who can heal all things in our human frailty, and who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Loving God,

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.