Prayers for my vocation.

I posted this in vocations already as I wasn’t sure where to put it.

I was wondering if you all could please keep me in your prayers? I’ve known for the past five years that I’m going to be a nun. The order I’m going to join wants their sisters to have a BA before they join. So in five years I’m going to go to New York and join the Sisters of Life. One of my friends is joining an order here in MI in about three weeks. Today was her graduation / going away party and she had a bunch of stuff in her room that she is giving away, and she was saying how this summer has really been about being with family and friends. It struck me that in five years, I’m going to have to say goodbye to all my friends and get rid of all my stuff. I know that’s really shallow but I was looking at my bookshelf and there’s a lot of books that I have loved for a really long time and will always love. Also I have a lot of CD’s because music is my life and it’s how I pray and how I pick myself up after a bad day. Also, getting rid of all my yarn…It’s going to be so hard!! Also my brother John has been going to school in Austria, getting his masters in Theology. He wants to go Notre Dame for his PhD, but if he doesn’t get in, he wants to go to Oxford. Plus they aren’t coming home this summer so it’s already really hard for me, but if he goes to Oxford, there will only be one or two years of him in the country and me still in MI. I know, besides the family, this seems really shallow but it just hit me all at once and I was just like O MY GOSH!!! It’s going to be so hard!!! Thanks for reading. It help a lot just to get this out. I’m really happy that He called me and I can’t wait but, it’s going to be so hard.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria!

I’m praying for you Betsy!

I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Betsy! I’m sure God will provide the graces you need, And He’s letting you have your books and CD’s another whole five years! See, He understands you!!! Just be happy for now, and God will take care of the rest! In five years, who knows what you will value most!
You’re human, and God knows, but He doesn’t call without giving you the graces. You’ll be fine.

May God help you with everything, now and always! :slight_smile:

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life,
our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor
banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most
gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after
this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb,
Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Praying hard.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all very much!! I’m feeling much better about it today!!

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.