Prayers for NotWorthy and His Family

As some of you may be aware, our friend here on the forums, NotWorthy, and his family, live down near the Gulf Coast, east of Houston, where Hurricane Ike hit. I have no idea how badly hit his town was, or if they have power, running water, or anything of the like.

Please, please pray for NotWorthy and his family. He and I have become good friends and to say that I’m a bit worried for him would be an understatement. Scared for him would actually be more acurate.

Please pray that God will keep them safe, restore their power, and anything else that God brings to your mind.

Thanks so much, everyone. I’m sure your prayers will also bring me some peace of mind, as well.

Scout :tiphat:

Dear Scout,

If it makes you feel any better, another CAF member jollyoki who lives in the Houston area was only just able to call me tonight … cell phone service just hasn’t been available until now, and it seemed like even the connection we had wasn’t too reliable. So it could be that NotWorthy and his loved ones are perfectly fine but simply not able to communicate at this time.

Praying for NotWorthy, his family, and everyone affected by Hurricane Ike,

~~ the phoenix

Me too; will keep Notworthy and family in my prayers.

Praying for them and all those affected by the storm.

Praying for all of them!

May the Lord keep them in His Hand. For all those there in that area and for those who evacuated and have nothing to return home to.

Paul

Scout,

You definately are a good friend for NotWorthy (for opening this thread). I will pray for him and his family.

***+JMJTJ+

NotWorthy and his family will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Father in Jesus’ name we ask You to protect the wellbeing and livelihood of this family. Please help them and all families so affected by this natural disaster. Father, please have mercy.

Most merciful and loving Father, You created John and his family out of infinite love. Look with that same love upon them in the days following the storm, allowing them to draw upon their reserve of faith to sustain them during times of hardship. Draw them together in Christian unity and graciously hear the prayers of the faithful on their behalf. In Your mercy, join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints, to form an endless petition for the safety and protection of our brother in Christ and his loved ones. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

LORD Jesus
Protect Ur Children.

NotWorthy and his family are in my prayer

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Well, my brothers and sisters in Christ, God is very merciful, isn’t He? I received a quick pm from NotWorthy this morning. He let me know that he and the family are all okay. They’re without power, and might be for another two to three weeks (although he’s hoping for only a week at the most). They do have a back-up generator that is helping with the necessities, though. The storm did some damage to the house and caused some leaks in the roof, but all in all, the damage isn’t too terribly bad-especially compared to others down there.

And, most importantly, the family is all safe!! :clapping: :dancing: :extrahappy:

Thanks so much to all of you who prayed for him and his family. God heard our prayers and I am so grateful to all of you.:slight_smile:

Thanks!
Scout

My Brothers and Sisters! I am humbled and once again realize that I am Not Worthy of all the Love and Prayers you’ve given me.

As Scout mentioned, I suffered minor damage and we are without power (but have a generator) and cable (thus, no internet) and cellular service is hit-and-miss. Thank goodness we have water!

So, I’m only on-line when I go to work.

Our prayers should continue for those living in Bridge City (where all but 20 of the 1000+ homes in the city limits were flooded with salt water), Bolivar Peninsula (where 90% of the beach houses were destroyed), and Galveston Island, as well as others who are without a dwelling. Don’t let anybody kid you - the wind can reek havoc on a house, but the storm surge (directly east of the eye) is what does the most damage!! And you can never even hope to describe hurricane-force winds beating your house for about 12 hours straight!

I thank you again for your prayers and pray that all who are affected by this storm may never lose faith in God due to personal tragedies!

God Bless you all and know that I am very grateful for all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

John

praying for notworthy and family and all survivors of hurricane Ike.
God love you all!

John, knowing the Lord’s mercy as we do, was there any doubt? Our prayers continue for those more deeply affected.

Christ’s peace.

I don’t know. I prefer Christ’s mercy to apply to my soul, rather than my temporal well-being. But I certainly don’t mind a little helping hand from Him once in a while!!! :wink:

Thanks again for your prayers! You guys Rock! :thumbsup:

John

P.S. And Scout, thanks again for your prayers and support!

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.