Prayers for Oral Roberts, who passed away

I thought we could pray for the soul of televangelist Oral Roberts, who died recently at the age of 91. I’ve always been skeptical of his ministry… but it’s our duty to pray for all souls, and perhaps Catholics and Orthodox are the only people who would pray for him now… since most Protestants don’t pray for the dead… so

may he rest in peace, and may perpetual light shine upon him :crossrc:

let’s also try to not judge the state of his soul, many believe he was a fake, but only God knows all things and I hope He would merciful, whatever the truth may be.

Prayers.

Amen.

Perhaps Mr. Roberts will be assigned to be an intercessor to those who find themselves in curious predicaments of faith. Or, he can get pointers from Archbishop Sheen with his intercessions.

May the Lord grant mercy and rest to this servant of the Lord. His message might not have been the best, O Lord, but his coverage of the airwaves was quite thorough…

Lord You alone know the state of each soul before You. Have mercy on his soul and the souls of any who serves You to the best of their understanding.

Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto Oral Roberts, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Amen.

May he rest in peace and God comfort his loved ones.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Lord, I don't know anything about Oral Roberts other than the fact that he was a televangelist, but through your mercy may he have found salvation at this point. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

May he rest in peace.

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur Son

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.