Prayers For Our Family Being Torn Apart From GWOT

Please pray for the healing of our family, especially my husband of 17 years who is suffering from PTS due to multiple tours to Iraq and Afghanistan. We have a great family life and 3 kids but he doesn’t feel deserving of us and wants to run. He is in crisis mode and the only thing that can help at this point is prayers.

God Bless.

Georgia,
My heartfelt prayers are with you. My brother served two tours in Vietnam and continues to be haunted by the memories. I watched my brother self destruct…it took a toll on his marriage…his family.

I have to give my sister-in-law so mch credit. She stood beside him no matter what.

Love and patience are the keys, but it is so very difficult. I will begin a novena to St Jude…

God bless,
Theresa

If he still is in the military, you can try to contact the chaplain at his command and see if he can help. If he is out, you can try getting in touch with the local VA and see if there is a support group he can attend to help him deal with what he saw and did on deployment.

St. Joan of Arc, patron of soldiers,
Please ask Jesus to heal Georgia’s husband of his issues. Please interceded that he may be strengthened, and that their family will stay together. Please guide them in the Love of God, and in the Strength of the Cross.

Amen!

-Jeanne

To Christ the Great Physician
We know that there is one physician:
Both flesh and spirit
uncreated, yet born
God in man
True life in death
From both Mary and From God
Subject to suffering and then impassible
Jesus Christ our Lord!

We ask O Great Physician, for spiritual, physical, and emotional healing, especially my intention of Georgia’s husband.
You of both flesh and spirit

May we spend all of our days in your healing presence
You the eternal Son born for us

Grant us the healing benefits of your Incarnation, Death, and Resurrection
You who are true God and true man

Grant us your true life in the midst of death
You, the true life in death

Grant us to follow your example and that of your Blessed Mother
You, from both Mary and from God

May our suffering be for our growth; free us, we pray, from that which we cannot bear
We ask You, O God the Word who became man to suffer

We ask you to grant us this healing if it brings us closer to you,
Jesus Christ our Lord!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

GeorgiaPeach I'm sorry that your family is still suffering so much :( . You are in my prayers, God bless you and your husband.

praying for your heart's desire.

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

Praying for your family …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you, O Virgins of virgins, our Mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in your mercy hear us and answer us. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.