prayers for our family

My little guy turns 7 mo old today and he’s been fighting a nasty cold the last 3 days. Will you please offer a prayer up for him to get lots of rest today? I hated to take him to the sitter, but I had to miss work yesterday for my 6yo who got sick the night before. I’m grateful that he’s all better now. Because of all my absenses for sick kids, my sitter was sick a few weeks ago, snow days and all that hulabaloo, I will have to get a verbal counseling from my boss sometime today. Please pray for us both - I know it’s an undesireable position to be in for a boss and I’m not looking forward to it either, even though it isn’t new territory for me.

Please also pray for my DH. He’s on mandatory OT this month working on a special project, not getting home till 11 some nights and then hitting the books for school. His schedule is being disrupted too b/c our contractor is expecting to replace the windows on the front of the house on Friday and DH wants to be there which means time away from work. I hope it doesn’t interfere with our planned time together that evening.

Last one: my 7yo has been chosen to represent his class at the spelling bee this Saturday and when I work with him I honestly wonder why. I don’t expect him to win or anything, but I’d like him to be able to stay in it for awhile and have a good experience. We’re practicing every night, but it isn’t looking good. I just know he’ll take it hard if he goes out quickly.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

I’m praying …

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen
:gopray: :gopray2:

Our father, who are in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen

Praying for the intentions of you & your family.

Our father, who are in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.

Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Prayer to Our Mother of Health

O Mary! Our Mother of Health, and Our Heavenly Queen, seated on Your throne of mercy and compassion in Your holy Shrine at Vailankanni, we praise and honor You to be our refuge and our relief. Numberless are the sick who through You have recovered health. relying on Your power and goodness, we fly to You and implore You to heal our infirmities and to obtain for us perfect health of body and soul, that we may better be able to serve You and Your Divine Son. At all times You have been the help and consolation of the infirm. You obtain for them health, when it is conducive to their salvation. You assist them at the time of their death. Help them O Most amiable Mother and obtain for us cure for all our sufferings, our patience will endure them in the spirit of resignation agreeable to God’s Holy Will, so that all our trials and sufferings may help us to purify our souls and help us to detach ourselves from all earthly ties. Amen.

:gopray:

Please also offer up a special intention for finding child care this summer. This has been a real stresser in the past and it’s creeping up again. I have a sitter for my younger 2, but I need to find another for my older school-aged children. My SIL, who’s a teacher, has watched kids in the past during the summer. She took off last summer to take care of some other things, but those are all resolved now. Praying especially that she would consider watching my boys. She is an amazing person and she’d be able to run around with them and get outdoors, it would be such a blessing. Thank you!

Praying…

St. Joseph of Cupertino, please help with the spelling bee! :slight_smile:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses; as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Another one bit the dust last night. Please pray for my 4yo who got sick last night. DH is staying home w/ him today and our contractor is coming a day early to replace our windows, so DH has a lot on his plate today. Please pray for our family that nobody else will get sick.

Please also pray for my co-worker who is unable to get to work (lives 30 mi. away) b/c of car troubles. She’s already missed so much for sick kids and inclement weather and when she DID try to come back to work last week in the snow, she went into the ditch. Thankfully she’s okay, but now has car repairs and missed work. This after a pipe broke in her house requiring extensive repairs.

Thank you for all the prayers!

Praying that the Lord may heal and bless your children. Also praying for all necessary graces for your family. Praying for your co-worker too.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Thank you for all the prayers! We were able to send all the kiddos to their regular destinations and DH and I can (hopefully) get out to lunch together. Now, here’s hoping that our contractor - who didn’t show up yesterday - will come today and finish up so we can put our house back in order and have some down time together this evening. Glad we’re all doing well b/c my folks are coming to town to have dinner w/ us, yay!

Please keep up prayers for my co-worker, today marks her 4th day of missed work d/t car troubles. Really feelin’ for her right now - I know this is NOT how we want to use our vacation time :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.