Prayers for our Holy Father

Hello everyone,

I sent this to most of my Catholic friends and family and wanted to share it with you and ask if you know of any good prayers or books or websites with devotions or prayers or novenas meant to assist the Pope and support his intentions?

"Was praying the Stations of the Cross at Adoration tonight, and at the end of the little booklet of meditations by St. Alphonsus Liguori, whom I recommend you make the effort to read any of his writings (some of them are in the Catholic Center library, e.g. “The Glories of Mary” is an excellent book), there was a note that to gain a plenary indulgence one should pray at least one Our Father and one Hail Mary for the intentions of the Holy Father. Please pray for Pope Benedict XVI (Joseph Ratzinger) whenever the thought to pops into your mind. Always keep him in your prayers and in your love. Whatever heartfelt blessing requested for the Holy Father will be of great benefit to him, and he is the servant of us all. We often don’t realize how much he does for us all, and we need to always be mindful of the responsibility and positive effect he has on the whole entire universal church, and all people, whether Catholic or non-Catholic. Pray that his words and works will always be united to the will of the loving Savior of whom he is the earthly Vicar.

"If you ever find any good prayers, devotions, or novenas that are specifically geared towards praying for the intentions and assistance of the Pope, let me know. This current Pope is dear to my heart. Without having read his writings, heard his words, or known his life and example, but especially been in dialogue with his tremendous intellect, I would have never been able to overcome the great intellectual obstacles and hurdles I faced to faith in Christ as the Savior, Creator, King, and Lord of all creation. Without Pope Benedict’s theological work and ideas, I might have continued to think of Christ as an interesting and kind radical human being, but never as the all-loving Almighty God, Creator, and Savior of all. Jesus was just a mere human being to me before reading Pope Benedict. After reading his writings, He became the Logos of God.

“So please pray for the Pope, and if you already do, continue to do so with increased fervor, enthusiasm, and tremendous boatloads of joyful love.”

God bless you all,
Joshua

Mother Mary, shower our Pope with your graces. I recommend him to your loving maternal care. May he be protected from his enemies under your mantle of love and purity. Amen.

i too offer prayers to our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI. i don’t know of any specific prayer to offer, but i am sure that one or more exists. i have only been a Catholic since July of 2008, so our Holy Father has been a big influence on me over the past 3 1/2 years.
i think i have watched coverage on EWTN of every trip that he has taken and i have watched as he has reached out to so many people. i didn’t know what to expect when he became Pope, but he has far exceeded any expectations. i only wish i had time to read what he has written since he became Pope and also what he wrote before he became our Holy Father. i pray for God to watch over Pope Benedict XVI as he travels to Mexico and Cuba and I pray that his visits will produce much fruit!!! i pray for God to watch over him and protect him and guard his health and for a safe return to the Vatican.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.