Prayers for our President

I know some people tend to think that our President differs from our Church on many issues… that is not true. Our President difference in thinking on 1 key issue… when life begins (something I even see some Catholics on here confused about).

We believe life begins at Conception and from that we draw our teachings on Abortion and Stem Cell research etc…

Our President doesn’t believe that and thus his feelings on these issues are not in line.

This is a prayer request, not a President’s beliefs debate though, if you disagree or don’t believe me - fine we can discuss that the politics section but not here.

Here I would ask that you pray for our President. Most of all that he continues to make good decision for our great nation but also, and truly as important… that he will read the books / encyclicals that the Holy Father gave him this afternoon.

Please pray that he read them with an open mind and heart and that God will speak to him and put those teachings on his heart.

Our President is a Protestant Christian and a man of faith, no matter how much some of us may agree or disagree with him, he is now in power and one of the most powerful things we can do is to pray, and often, that God works on his beliefs.

Sincerely,
Joe

deacbench.blogspot.com/2009/07/pope-and-president-first-report.html

I agree that we need to pray for our president. Mine is a little different, I pray that he starts to make good decisions.

[LEFT]Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be
Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our
daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now,
and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. [/LEFT]

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.