prayers for reconciliation

Please pray that I may somehow reconcile a loss to my husband. We had planned on our usual daycation to the lake with family this weekend, but, b/c I negligently shared some information, we have been directly uninvited. One our children has a skin infection and the family is concerned about it spreading. If you’ve read any of my posts, you know that we’ve battled MRSA for years. In our experience, as long as we keep them covered, we can go about our normal activities as tolerated. But we can appreciate the family’s concern.

Typically I don’t share health issues, but I was exasperated when DS had a particularly painful evening and it just slipped. Normally we would just go to the gathering and keep it hush-hush. In our experience, the infection has not spread through contact (and there’s plenty of that in our house). I’ve even let DS to go to swim lessons this week and we just keep the sores covered.

Probably the worst part is that DH works for the same company as his mom and she approached him on behalf of her sisters (who host the weekend) who have asked us not to come. I am SO ashamed that my negligence has brought this consequence on our family. Thankfully I hadn’t told the kids about it, so they won’t be disappointed, but DH was really looking forward to it and next week is his birthday. I WAS going to offer to keep DS home and let him take the other two, but now he is too ashamed to show his face.

I pray he’ll forgive me. Please pray for me that I will learn from this and not repeat the offense.

Please also pray that btwn now and the next gathering there will be enough time for this to pass beneath the bridge (so to speak). I really need help guarding my heart against bitterness and resentment toward family.

Praying for the intentions of you & your family.

Praying for your intentions.

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen.

Prayer for Family

Heavenly Father, Please shine your light upon JLCecilia’s family. Give her strength to overcome the difficulties she is suffering now. O Lord, please bring them together as they are meant to be. May she learn from any mistakes she has made so that she doesn’t repeat them.

Grant this family forgiveness for any sins they have committed. May they also forgive one another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.

Amen

:signofcross:

Dear Lord, Please give this woman’s husband the wisdom to know his place is beside her and his children, having left his mother and father to make and protect his own. Give him the graces to side with the social frailty of his wife, knowing that most social frailty can come from his gender. Help this woman to forgive herself and assist her in making her husband’s birthday a special family event in a closer circle.
May his family have more understanding and patience with their own extended family and recognise that some diseases do not require the quarantine of a leper colony.
Bring back the wholeness this family deserves as your children.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I want to make sure I have this correct. You have a family member with CA-MSRA. You know your family is concerned about this. You planned to mislead your family about this so you could go on the weekend. Your husband is upset because you spoke the truth. Your family upon finding out about the outbreak asked that you and your family not come to the weekend due to their concerns. The Mayo Clinic and other major medical organizations say main cause of spreading CS-MSRA is skin to skin contact, sharing towels and other things. You have determined in your mind that this is not true, with total disregard for medical research those organizations carefully conducted to find the areas of risk.

And you want us to pray for what? Forgiveness for your selfishness in planning to expose your family to this infection for which their is no cure so your kids and husband wouldn’t miss the weekend or that your husband forgives you for telling the truth to your family?

I think you really need to pray hard on your outlook on this. Putting others at risk of contracting an infection that they will be not be able to get rid of for a few days of “fun” for your kids and Husband??? Before you say it would not be spread if you attended please make sure you know the exact source, day and time of your kids exposure. Your feeling that covering it will prevent their exposure is not supported by science. You are putting your family and every other person your kids come in contact with at risk. How would you ever forgive yourself if your Mom, or others in your extended family contracted MRSA?

Maybe you slipped because you knew you were not suppose to deceive others for your families or your benefit. If Jesus asked you if you were proud or ashamed about not telling them about the outbreak what would you tell Him? I will pray that your kids are healed from their infection instead of what you requested and that they learn that deceiving others for their own gain is not in keeping with what our Church teaches, Christ tells us and the Bible shows us. What so ever you do to the least of my brothers…

Praying for your intention.

Father, we ask you to bless this family with Your mercy, inner peace, well being and forgiveness. May they all be one, as the Trinity is One, and may You be glorified in their love for You and each other. Amen.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying that the Lord may strengthen you and grant you all necessary graces. Also praying for your family.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for the healing of the MRSA infection.

Praying hard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.